This post contains an affiliate link with Amazon Affiliates. If you purchase this product through the link here I earn a small advertising fee. I am giving an honest review of this eBook. And yes, I LOVE it!
I was given the opportunity to read Chrystie Vachon’s new eBook “How To Get 1,000 Real, Fun & Awesome Instagram Followers in 30 Days”. I was fortunate enough to be allowed to read it for free for an honest review. I have to tell you I am so glad I read it. I love Chrystie Vachon’s advice! I started two weeks ago with only 256 Instagram followers and by implementing her advice I have basically doubled my followers to 507 as of today. I’ve been sort of a slacker in that I haven’t even followed her recommendations 100% but I am amazed that I have doubled my following in just two weeks.
(Update: today is 10/15/16 and I now have 804 followers on Instagram, it’s so fun to connect with others! I am still not following her plan exactly and that’s my own fault. However, I am amazed that I have reached 804! A month and a half ago I had only 177 followers. I am amazed at how much I really enjoy engaging with and following others on Instagram!)
Whether you are a blogger or just want to grow your Instagram following, this quick read eBook is highly valuable. I’m pretty new to Instagram and as of today I have only 100 posts yet I’ve basically doubled my following in just two weeks. I really enjoy the ease of Instagram. I can post and interact on Instagram literally anywhere because I always have my phone with me. Whether I’m by the pool working or out watching my boys’ soccer and football games I can easily check in on Instagram. I love interacting with people on Instagram because it is so fun to connect with people from all over the world.
I’ve learned a few things about how to Instagram over the past few weeks. I’m going to share them with you.
Five Helpful tips for Posting on Instagram:
- Read Chyrstie Vachon’s eBook: “How to Get 1,000 Real, Fun & Awesome Instagram Followers in 30 Days” and begin to implement her advice. eBook link at the end of this post
- Take beautiful photos to post on Instagram: Pay attention to lighting when taking photos. Natural light is the best. Bright indoor lighting gives better photos also. Pay attention to the world around you and if you see a good shot with great lighting take a photo. IF you are unable to get a beautiful photo with your phone, take a photo with your camera and email it to yourself. Save it on your phone and you now have access to it to post on Instagram. Don’t post just to post, make sure you have a good quality photo to post. The filters can help on Instagram but you can’t beat natural lighting that exists on its own. Natural lighting is golden. I took the photo of a sunflower in my garden at the top of this post with my iPhone; it got me over 100 likes on Instagram. I did not even need a filter because the lighting was so natural and gorgeous. Sometimes we just can’t do better than nature on it’s own.
- Create a story to go along with your Instagram post: Whether the Instagram post links to a blog post or stands alone as it’s own mini story it is interesting to people. The genius who once said “a picture is worth a thousand words” was SO right. With the right picture you need less words to create your mini story on an Instagram post. We are all busy people so I believe a great photo with a mini story people can connect with is a perfect way to engage more people on Instagram. I just posted a photo of my mom on her wedding day on Instagram to go along with my blog post on her banana bread recipe. I posted it at night around midnight and I received over 90 likes overnight. I loved sharing her photo and story! It gave me such joy to share her with others and celebrate her in my Instagram mini story.
- Be yourself: It’s important to be yourself with your Instagram posts. I believe this because if you are really going to continue posting to Instagram for an extended period of time, it’s much easier to come up with posts each day if you are true to yourself. It’s just too hard to be someone else. Just be yourself.
- Use appropriate #: Make sure you use hashtags that fit your post so you are posting to people who might enjoy your post. If you are posting a photo of a dog for instance you wouldn’t want to use a hashtag for gardening or cats. That would be silly. Be smart with your hashtags and research them to see what other types of posts are included in a given hashtag.
Good luck and if you are interested in seeing my Instagram account I’d love to interact with you on Instagram. It’s my new love in this digital world we now live in. Julie’s Instagram
Update for Instagram as of 11/13/16 I now have 1,057 followers. I followed many of the suggestions in this book, but I was really a slacker and didn’t do them all as she suggested however I was still able to reach over 1,000 followers within a two month time frame. Before I implemented some of her ideas I only had 256 followers. I’ve met so many great people on Instagram and I love following along with their lives. It is a fun way to interact with other people. Instagram is awesome!
Follow me on Social Media