This post contains affiliate links. There is no added cost to you. Please see my disclaimer page for more details.
In a pinch and need a last-minute appetizer?
This Last-minute Pickle Wrap Appetizer is so fast and easy to make. I love it and I know you will too! It is made with common ingredients you probably have in your fridge right now. These rolls are super good and a crowd pleaser at parties. I’ve made these at home for a snack as well.
This recipe has saved me when I suddenly needed another appetizer for a party. For instance, if someone RSVP’s late to a party and I feel I don’t have enough food, I will turn to this recipe. I often already have these ingredients in my fridge.
Or perhaps it’s Saturday night and you realize you forgot to buy ingredients for a football game party for Sunday. Instead of running to the store, you need to figure out something quick. I love this appetizer because it’s super easy. If I suddenly have a house full of kids or teens, this is a great snack for them too.
Add them to a plastic football platter and you are ready in no time whether you are hosting or heading to a football party. This is a perfect addition to picnics and potlucks too. These little tasty morsels will get snapped up in a flash. Appetizers like these are nice when they are bite size and stay together in your fingers so they can be just popped in your mouth.
These rolls are kid-friendly too. Kids like these too because they contain foods kids are often willing to eat. I also love this recipe because it is easy to see quickly if it is a meat roll or a vegetarian roll because the ingredients are fully visible.
How to Make these Last-Minute Pickle Wrap Appetizers
The app is made with tortillas, turkey or ham sandwich meat (optional-or make them vegetarian), cream cheese, baby dill pickles, and a slice of cheddar cheese. The ingredients are added down the center of the tortilla and the tortilla is rolled tightly. To keep them together just pinch the sides of the roll and slice to make them into bite size morsels.
Easy yet elegant looking! Works for casual or elegant parties.
There are endless variations for this recipe. Of course you could substitute a different sandwich meat like salami or a different thinly sliced cheese. They could also be vegetarian by leaving the meat out. To please all tastes, make the platter half with meat and half without for vegetarians and meat-eaters.
I’ve also used jalapeño flavored pickles to add some spice. Others ideas I have include choosing the flavored and colored tortillas to give this appetizer a festive appearance or make them with two different kinds of cheese and no meat. Another idea is to use flavored cream cheese.
Check out my flavored cream cheese post, the Tomato chili cream cheese is delish in this app! Flavored Cream Cheeses
I love these little bite size bite of robust flavor! They are pretty little things too! I love how they are easy to pop in your mouth.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, it has saved me in a pinch when I needed a quick to make appetizer with common ingredients. My hope is this recipe helps you out in a pinch too:)
This post is copyrighted. juliehoagwriter @10/14/16. Post updated 10/27/2017.
My cookbook is coming out soon! To sign up for info about it, click here.
Last-minute Pickle Wrap Appetizer
- 10-16 individual Baby dill pickles number depends on size as size can vary in jars
- 8 ounces cream cheese block cream cheese
- 5 slices turkey sandwich meat or ham
- 10 slices pre-sliced cheddar cheese thin deli sliced
- 4 flour tortilas, burrito size 5 for fajita size tortilla, less for smaller tortillas
- Lay a tortilla on a flat cutting board. Spread 2 Tbsp. cream cheese over entire surface of tortilla. Cover the whole thing so the cream cheese acts like glue to keep the roll closed.
- Lay 2 ½ slices deli thin sliced cheddar cheese in a line down the middle of the tortilla.
- For ham rolls, lay 2 ½ thin slices ham on top of the cheese slices. (Skip this step if making vegetarian rolls).
- Spread 1 Tbsp. cream cheese down the middle of the ham or cheese slices.
- Dry off about four pickles with a paper towel to remove surface moisture. Lay pickles in a line down the middle of the cheese or ham slices.
- Roll tortilla tightly starting at one edge parallel with the pickles. Continue to roll tightly over pickles to the other edge. Press and squeeze roll to ensure it will stay together.
- Cut tortilla roll into 1 inch sections. Squeeze individual bite size rolls as needed to get them to stay together.
- Repeat for remaining three tortillas. Customize as desired for amount of vegetarian and meat rolls. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
So quick and you are done!We are all busy people and sometimes life goes too fast for us. Sometimes we forget to grab an appetizer at the store for a party we plan to attend. Instead of panicking, try this easy appetizer. Chances are you already just happen to have these ingredients in your fridge. If you are short on time, this is so fast it's easy to get done in a rush. I picked up the football platter at Walmart for less than $2. It's a fun platter to bring along to a football party and at only $2 it is easy to replace if you decide to leave it with your host. Enjoy and happy fall attending or hosting your fun football game parties!
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer