Easy Four Ingredient Mexican Hummus Dip:
This Easy Four Ingredient Mexican Hummus Dip is so tasty and so quick to make. It is uses only four ingredients: plain hummus, sour cream, taco seasoning, and salsa. I love to just play in the kitchen by trying different combinations and tasting it. I just threw these four ingredients together and I absolutely loved the combination so a new recipe was born. This easy fast recipe is quick to whip up. As a busy mom to three boys, I love easy quick tasty recipes.
Once the ingredients are combined and stirred, the dip is ready to consume. It’s that easy. It is delicious with the hint of lime tortilla chips and grape tomatoes. This could be used as a appetizer at a party or as part of an appetizer before a Mexican meal.
This creamy dip is easily scooped up with tortilla chips, small grape or cherry tomatoes, or other vegetables. It has a spicy flavor that the sour cream tones down and makes delicious. The hummus gives the dip a heartiness that satisfies.
Easy Four Ingredient Mexican Hummus Dip could easily be made dairy free by using non-dairy sour cream, dairy free taco seasoning, and dairy free tortilla chips.
The only ingredients needed are pictured below.
This is an original recipe created by Julie Hoag.
Easy Four Ingredient Mexican Hummus Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream I use @Daisy brand sour cream
- 1/2 cup medium salsa I use @Chi Chi's brand salsa
- 10 ounces plain hummus or 1 1/4 cups. I used Plain Classic Hummus.
- 1 Tablespoon Spice Islands Taco Seasoning @Spice Islands Taco Seasoning
- 1 bag Lime Tortilla chips To scoop up the dip with
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes To scoop up the dip with. I love the red, yellow, and orange tomato combination.
- Combine the sour cream, salsa, hummus, and taco seasoning in a bowl. Stir well.
- Arrange dip in a bowl and chips and tomatoes on a platter to serve. Keep this dip cool due to the sour cream.
Time to Enjoy!Adding this dip as a pre-meal appetizer is easy to do with just four ingredients that are simply stirred together. The texture is perfect for scooping dip onto tortilla chips or bite size tomatoes or other vegetables. Variations on this dip include adding diced avocado or tomatoes in the dip itself and making it dairy free by using non-dairy sour cream, non-dairy taco seasoning, and non-dairy tortilla chips. Pair it with a lime margarita for a tasty appetizer treat. That sounds like a positively lovely way to start a weekend evening. Keep this creamy dip cool by placing it in a cool place until ready to serve.
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer