This post contains affliate links to products or services I love. See my disclaimer for details.
Balsamic Veggie Pasta Salad:
Balsamic Veggie Pasta Salad is a delicious cold salad with lots of veggies and pasta. I am infatuated with balsamic vinegar on food. It is so tasty and a flavor love I’ve acquired through time. I mixed the balsamic vinegar with sour cream and this dressing made the salad so scrumptious. I added cooked rotini pasta to this salad to bulk it up and make it heartier. The end result was a salad I just fell in love with.
One of my favorite veggies right now is the mini cocktail cucumbers. The little cucumbers are perfect bite sized pieces to add to a salad. I used the sweet grape and cherry tomatoes of red, orange, and yellow color. The dressing is a tan color but the red, yellow, orange, and green colors of the vegetables peek through the dressing and make this a colorful salad.
This is a perfect side pasta salad to accompany any meal with an entree of meat. I love this pasta salad however as for a vegetarian it is a stand alone meal with the pasta included.
My favorite part of this pasta salad is the combination of the balsamic sour cream dressing with the fresh mushrooms. The hearty chunks of the quartered mushrooms complements the balsamic vinegar flavor and satisfies.
This recipe is an original recipe created by Julie Hoag.
Balsamic Veggie Pasta Salad
- 8 individual mini cocktail cucumbers or 1 3/4 cup sliced cucumbers. Or slice a regular sized cucumber, then quarter the slices.
- 1 cup grape, cherry, or other sweet tomatoes Slice tomatoes in half. I used the orange, yellow, and red tomatoes
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms Cut mushrooms in quarters to equal 3 cups
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro Finely chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups cooked rotini pasta pre-cook according to directions on box and let cool
- Cook and cool the rotini pasta according to the directions on the box. Cut all the vegetables. Slice cocktail cucumbers. Cut tomatoes in half or quarter them if they are large. Cut mushrooms into quarters. Finely chop cilantro. Chop onion. Combine them all in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing. Combine the sour cream and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir well.
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer