My Quick Vegetable Mini Egg Bake is a personal size microwaved egg bake. Perfect for a single serve meal for the WAHM like me, busy SAHM, or anytime when just a one serving meal is needed. I have a family of five, so I usually make bigger meals. But when I’m home alone for lunch I need a smaller meal just for myself. I created this recipe because I wanted something yummy, healthy, filling, and hot rather than a boring quick sandwich. This is meant for one person, or for more people, just repeat!
This post contains affilaite links plus an affiliate link for the hosting service I personally use and recommend. If you purchase through this link I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please see my disclaimer in the top bar menu.
Quick and Yummy
It’s so quick to make and it really is delicious. When you are in a rush but want something tasty for breakfast or lunch, this is the perfect fix. The vegetables need to be chopped up so only five minutes of microwave cook time is necessary. I like to pair it with mini tomatoes on the side and toast (homemade butter) or a leftover hashbrown patty for a yummy meal.
Did you know you save your leftover hashbrown patties from a brunch and pop them in the toaster to reheat and add back a bit of crunch? It works perfectly, try it! They would go perfect with this easy dish.
Get Those Veggies In
The vegetables I added to this Quick Vegetable Mini Egg Bake include a parsnip, Brussels Sprouts, onion, and cauliflower. Even if these aren’t your favorite veggies, the taste blends so well that the individual vegetable tastes aren’t evident. The parsnips actually give a tiny touch of sweetness to the egg bake.This is a great way to get veggies and protein from the egg into your lunch or breakfast. The recipe is vegetarian, however try adding pieces of pre-cooked meat if desired.
Copyright @2016 Julie Hoag. All Rights Reserved.
Quick Vegetable Mini Egg Bake
- 1 parsnip peeled, sliced, quarter large slices
- 4 Brussels Sprouts each sliced into four slices
- 1 teaspoon onion finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cauliflower chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Peel and slice the parsnip. Quarter the larger slices. Slice the four Brussels Sprouts into four slices. Finely chop the onion. Chop the cauliflower into small pieces. Use a 1 Quart microwaveable dish with a lid. Spray the dish with cooking spray (optional, use for ease of cleaning). Add the water to the dish. Add the vegetables and stir.
- Combine the eggs, milk, and parmesan cheese in a bowl and scramble with a fork. Pour over the vegetables and stir. Cover and microwave for five minutes or until vegetables are soft and egg is cooked.
- Fluff with a fork and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply