A Tasty Croissant Sandwich
I’m always on the search for new lunch items. I love tomatoes, cheese, hummus, and croissant sandwiches so I decided to blend them together to make a Tomato Hummus Cheese Spread for Croissants. This easy four ingredient recipe can be made using a food processor. It makes a tasty lunch that is meatless for those trying to avoid meat. I chose a flavored hummus, the pine nut hummus, for this recipe. The pine nuts are ground up in the food processor so they add to the flavor throughout the spread.
Spread this Tomato Hummus Cheese Spread as a thin layer on the croissant for a perfect and yummy lunch. Avoid adding too thick of a layer or it will seem like too much paste as you bite into it. You don’t need a lot as the flavor goes a long way. Pair it with crunchy veggies like cucumbers and celery or carrots to make a healthy meal. This is vegetarian, but it does contain two types of cheese so it is not dairy free.
Make as many croissant sandwiches as you need, then store the remainder of the spread in the refrigerator for later use.
As an Appetizer
This spread also makes a tasty spread for crackers such as Ritz or water crackers. It’s a tasty snack or appetizer when used as a cracker spread. Leave it as a simple cracker spread or add a slice of cucumber or half of a cherry tomato for a juicier bite.
Tomato Hummus Cheese Spread for Croissants
- 10 ounces Pine Nut hummus I use the Sabra brand hummus.
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese I use Kraft brand.
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis drain, lay on paper towels dab with paper towel to remove some moisture
- 4 ounces block cream cheese I use Philadelphia cream cheese, plain.
- 6 individual croissants Or less depending on how many sandwiches you are making.
- Drain the Rotel can of tomatoes and green chilis in a strainer. Spread the tomatoes and chilis on a paper towel next and dab with the paper towel to remove some of them moisture.
- Combine the pine nut hummus, parmesan cheese, tomatoes & chilis, and cream cheese together in a food processor and blend. I have a small food processor so I first blended the hummus and parmesan cheese together, then I blended the tomatoes & chilis together with the cream cheese before stirring both together. Slice croissants and spread a thin layer, or thick if desired, on croissant. Done!
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer