Brighten the morning by creating a whipped flavored cream cheese bagel breakfast bar! Whether you want to brighten a dreary winter morning or enjoy a fun breakfast before heading out into the warm sun, this breakfast bar idea will please you. This is also a perfect and fun breakfast idea for when you have house guests overnight.
This website uses affiliate links. Please see the disclaimer page in the menu for more details.
I’ve created three simple cream cheese recipes to spread on bagels: Hot Chocolate, Strawberry Apple, and Tomato Chili cream cheese. I love the flavored cream cheese that can be bought at the store, but I really love making my own fresh flavored cream cheese using a food processor. Two of these recipes actually incorporate real fruit so they are healthier. They are less thick than the traditional cream cheeses, and more smooth and soft similar to the whipped cream cheeses sold at the store.
Flavored Whipped Cream Cheeses
These recipes are so yummy! The three I whipped up are Hot Chocolate Cream Cheese, Strawberry Apple Cream Cheese, and Tomato Chili Cream Cheese. The texture is perfect, especially for my kids because they don’t like the thick heaviness of the plain block cream cheese. They prefer the whipped cream cheese on their bagels, and honestly, I do too. My recipes for these flavored cream cheese thins out the cream cheese and makes it smoother and lighter. They are so good on bagels, croissants, or crackers. Keep reading for the recipes to each of these delicious cream cheese recipes below.
Toppings and Garnishes
There are several topping and garnish options to add to the bagels including strawberries, cherry tomatoes, small marshmallows, and slices of hard-boiled egg. The strawberries could be sliced and added to the top of a bagel spread with the Strawberry Apple or Hot Chocolate Cream Cheese. To make a super tasty bagel with added protein spread the Tomato Chili Cream Cheese on an everything bagel and top with slices of hard-boiled egg. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper and it is a scrumptious healthy open-faced breakfast sandwich.
Flavored cream cheese bagel breakfast bar:
Add your favorite flavored bagels to the platter, or plain works beautifully too with these flavored cream cheeses. I used blueberry bagels and everything bagels in my platter pictured above. Croissants would be a delicious option as well. Another tasty snack option is to spread the whipped flavored cream cheese on crackers. For details on my tasty snack idea try my Whipped Hot Chocolate Cream Cheese on Ritz crackers.
These are original recipes by Julie Hoag.
Copyright ©2017 Julie Hoag Writer. All Rights Reserved.
Flavored Cream Cheese Bagel Breakfast Bar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, 2 blocks Set cream cheese out for a bit to soften. Divide into three portions of 4 ounces each.
- 1/4 cup apples from apple pie filling buy a can of apple pie filling from the store.
- 9 strawberries Cut 3 strawberries in quarters before adding to food processor. 6 for garnish.
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Rotel can of tomatoes and chilis Drain and blot the tomatoes with a paper towel to pull out some of the moisture.
- 1/4 cup small marshmellows 1/4 cup for cream cheese, 1/4 cup for garnish to platter.
- 1/4 cup hot chocolate prepare the hot chocolate according to the directions. I used Swiss Miss brand with water.
- 8 cherry tomatoes for garnish only
- 6 bagels choose your favorite flavors to add to the platter, add more bagels as desired
- 3 hard boiled eggs slice and use to garnish to top bagels with.
- To make the Strawberry Apple Cream Cheese add the following to the food processor: 4 ounces plain cream cheese, 1/4 apples only (use a fork to pull apples from sauce if juicy) from apple pie filling can, 3 strawberries quartered, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Blend in the food processor until smooth, about 30-45 seconds.
- To make the Hot Chocolate Cream Cheese add the following to the food processor: 8 ounces plain cream cheese, 1/4 cup small marshmallows, 1/4 cup prepared hot chocolate. Blend in the food processor until smooth, about 30-45 seconds. I make a larger portion of this type because it's my family's favorite.
- To make the Tomato Chili Cream Cheese add the following to the food processor: 4 ounces plain cream cheese, 1/2 cup Rotel tomatoes and chilis, drained and laid out on a paper towel and blotted with the paper towel to remove some moisture. Blend in the food processor until smooth about 30-45 seconds.
Enjoy!Enjoy the breakfast! Add garnishes or toppings as desired. Simply double the recipe if more cream cheese is desired. Refrigerate the leftover cream cheese to enjoy later.
Other Bagel topping ideas:
- mini chocolate chips
- pear slices
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer