Valentine’s Day is coming! The fun treats we can make for the holiday makes it even more fun for us all, especially kids. I am sharing a recipe for Easy DIY Valentine’s Ice Cream Sandwiches that is so easy older kids could easily make it on their own. The younger kids would need some help, but this is seriously so easy. These ice cream sandwiches are so yummy and perhaps a little healthier given they are made with graham crackers rather than chocolate cookies. These ice cream sandwiches are made from common, easy-to-find ingredients.
(This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through the links, I receive a commission at no added cost to you. Please see disclaimer page for details, see top bar menu. Thank you:)
Scroll down past the Gummy Worms Jello picture to easily print this recipe. I hope you enjoy:)
This would be a fun kitchen activity for kids to do anytime they are bored. Making these would be a great weekend activity for kids. Older kids would be able to do it all themselves, but younger kids might need help with scooping and spreading the ice cream and marshmallow creme. However, younger kids would be able to decorate with the M & M’s to participate and decorate with the tube frosting. My kids are marshmallow, chocolate, and ice cream-lovin- kids so the really dig this treat. It’s a favorite at my house!
Ingredients for Easy DIY Valentine’s Ice Cream Sandwiches
The ingredients for this Easy DIY Valentine’s Ice Cream Sandwiches include:
- strawberry ice cream
- graham crackers
- jet-puffed marshmallow creme
- Valentine pink, red, and white M & M’s
- small tube of red frosting
- Press’n Seal® wrap
It’s so easy and simple to make. Of course ice cream sandwiches can be bought at the store, but it’s fun to have a kid activity they get to enjoy making and eating!
Variations on the Recipe
This recipe could be made healthier by choosing low-fat graham crackers and low-fat ice cream, however, I indulged and used full fat! Toppings options could be other candies like the Valentine’s Day conversation heart candies or even sprinkles. Another option to make it healthier yet would be to top with thin slices of strawberries or bananas. My kids love the M & M’s® so I make them with the candy. It’s Valentine’s Day, so they want a sweet candy treat. We all have the sweet tooth gene in my house;)
Try this with other flavors of ice cream as well. For St. Patrick’s Day, use mint chocolate chip ice cream and green frosting and M & M’s.
Wrap these yummy sandwiches up in Press’n Seal® wrap and store them in the freezer for about thirty minutes to harden the ice cream. They can be eaten after thirty minutes, or store them in the freezer to enjoy at a later time. These don’t last long at my house!
Love the Yummy!
Kids and adults alike will love the yummy crisp graham cracker mixed with the strawberry ice cream, marshmallow, and chocolate. A tasty fun treat activity! My kids ask for this every Valentine’s Day. It could be made anytime of year, but they have the food memory of it associated with Valentine’s Day, so that is when they ask me for them:)
I hope you enjoy this fun, and yummy activity with your kids this Valentine’s Day!
Related easy recipe post kids can help make: Easy Cinnamon Biscuit Monkey Bread
Related Post: Easy Frosted Raspberry Filled Biscuit Loaf
Try my kids’ favorite! Fun Yummy Gummy Worms Jello Recipe
Eat well, have fun, & enjoy life!
Copyright ©2017 Julie Hoag. All Rights Reserved.
Easy DIY Valentine's Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 18 Graham Cracker squares Honey Maid
- 14 tablespoons Strawberry Ice Cream Blue Bunny brand
- 9 Tablespoons Jet-puffed Marshmallow Creme Kraft brand
- 1 cup M & M's Valentine's Day edition
- 1/4 cup frosting in a tube Betty Crocker Cookie Icing
- Before starting the assembly, let the ice cream sit out for a few minutes to soften it. Scoop about 1 1/2 Tablespoons ice cream and spread it out flat on the graham cracker square. Top the ice cream with another graham cracker square. Spread about 1 Tablespoon of the marshmallow creme on the top. Repeat for remaining 8 sandwiches.
- Decorate as desired with M & M's candies and frosting in the tube.
- Another option for decorating.
- Another fun option for decorating is to make a heart shape out of the M & M's. Wrap the ice cream sandwich in Press'n Seal. Put into the freezer for about 30 minutes to refreeze the ice cream before enjoying.