Veggie Avocado Egg Salad is a colorful tasty salad that you will love! The colors of this salad are so pretty which makes it a fantastic addition to your table. This gorgeous salad is perfect for a lunch or dinner meal, alternatively it could be eaten as the main dish for vegetarians. This recipe containing protein from the eggs and cheese is great for pregnant mamas who need extra protein for their growing babies too. Veggie Avocado Egg Salad contains vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, and shredded cheese to create a delicious salad that is also very nutritious. It is so easy and quick to make with just seven ingredients to yum!
This is a sponsored post. I recieved Brianna’s dressing for free for my honest review. Opinions listed in this post are 100% my own. I just love this dressing!
I created this recipe because I wanted to use those little baby cocktail cucumbers I’ve been seeing the stores. They are so tasty and I love that they are small so simply slicing them creates bite size cucumber pieces. Less cutting means a shorter prep time and as a busy mom I can take all the extra time I can get.
The Salad is Green
Briannas Homestyle Creamy Cilantro Lime dressing is green which makes this a green salad but without lettuce! The avocado and egg yokes add to the fun light green color of this salad. The cilantro lime salad dressing is so tasty mixed with ripe avocado too. Make sure to choose a ripe avocado so it blends nicely. As you stir this salad, some of the egg yolks mash and blend with the dressing and avocado to make a very yummy and creamy dressing. Some avocado chunks will remain, but some of the surfaces of the chopped avocado pieces will blend into the dressing as it is stirred. I love the light green color in conjunction with the red and orange colored tomatoes and dark green cucumber peels peeking through.
Ways to Eat it
This side salad could be eaten as a side dish to accompany a meat entree or it could be spread on a croissant to make a sandwich. Either way is delicious and I enjoy it both ways. I also love eating it on a croissant because it gives the traditional egg salad sandwich a fun and scrumptious twist.
It is best to eat it the day you make it as the avocado in the dressing begins to to turn brown the next day, however it was still just as tasty the second day even if slighly brown. Add this salad to any meal for an extra dose of veggies and protein.
The Seven Ingredients:
The seven ingredients for this salad include:
- Briannas Homestyle Creamy Cilantro Lime dressing
- baby or small cocktail cucumbers
- hard-boiled eggs
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
- red and orange small tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- ripe avocado
Veggie Avocado Egg Salad is so easy to make and very tasty. The cucumbers paired with the tomatoes and avocado make for a yummy and healthy salad. The creaminess of the dressing combined with the ripe avocado and egg yolks and sweet tomatoes gives this salad a hearty sweet taste. This is such a creamy juicy good salad. Enjoy!
Veggie Avocado Egg Salad
- 1/3 cup Briannas Homestyle Creamy Cilantro Lime dressing
- 5 cucumbers, mini or baby sliced (alternatively slice cucumber and cut in fourths)
- 2 egss, hard-boiled diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 cup small red and orange tomatoes or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 avocado, ripe diced
- Cut up the vegetables and the egg. Slice the mini cocktail cucumbers into slices. Slice the tomatoes in half. Chop the onion. Dice the hard-boiled eggs into small chunks. Slice the avocado in half. Remove the rind and the pit. Dice the avocado into small pieces. A ripe avocado works best so some of it can blend into the dressing as it is stirred.
- Add the Brianna’s Homestyle Creamy Cilantro Lime dressing and stir vigorously and thoroughly. The salad is complete. Serves 5-6 people. This salad can be eaten immediately or stored in the fridge for several hours to blend the flavors.