All alone but craving pizza? Don’t want to order in a whole pizza just for yourself? Try out my recipe.
In this recipe post I’m sharing my easy lunch or dinner recipe for Pizza Tortilla Roll. This recipe can be made for a single person or for up to four people. You choose what works for you and make my Pizza Tortilla Roll single serve or up to four servings.
As a WAHM I often need a lunch just for myself and I love pizza! Pizza is my favorite meal so often when I’ve craving pizza but there are no other family members around to share it with, I make this for myself. However you could make up to four Pizza Tortilla Rolls with this recipe, or double it and make eight. Or make one or two for yourself and be a rock star and retain the remaining ingredients to make it again for yourself the next day. One recipe, two meals for yourself saves you time and gives you a tasty meal twice.
This post contains affliate links. Please review my disclaimer for details.
This Recipe is So Easy
This recipe is so easy and it tastes just like real pizza. You will need a frying pan and a microwave to make this recipe. Saute the veggies and build the Pizza Tortilla Roll, microwave and then enjoy! So easy! It will take about twenty to thirty minutes to make depending on if you make 1, 2, 3, or 4 servings.
The Ingredients & The Building of the Pizza Tortilla Roll Process
The ingredients needed for this recipe are common ingredients that are not hard to find in the stores. They include:
- pizza sauce
- 8 inch tortillas
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- red pepper
- baby bella mushrooms (or any type of mushrooms)
- optional: mini pepperoni (the recipe below is without pepperoni)
The veggies need to be diced and sliced then cooked in the frying pan. Slap down a tortilla on a plate, spoon on the pizza sauce, veggies, and cheeses down the middle of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla and microwave it; that is all it takes to make! This is a great way to make a quick meal, and add a touch from all the food groups without the lengthy process of making a homemade pizza with a crust.
Hybrid Vegetarian/Meat Recipe
This recipe falls into my hybrid vegetarian/meat recipe category because it can be customized to each individual person. Whether the individual wants their roll to be vegetarian or to contain meat, this request is easy to fulfill in this recipe.
Pizza Tortilla Roll is an original recipe by Julie Hoag.
Pizza Tortilla Roll Single Serve or Up to Four Servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2` cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 carton mushrooms, baby bella, sliced or any type of mushrooms
- 4 tortillas, eight inch
- 8 Tablespoons pizza sauce I use Ragu brand. divided into four 2 Tablespoon portions.
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided into four 1/4 cup portions
- 1 teaspon grated parmesan cheese divided into four 1/4 teaspoon portions
- Heat the 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan. Dice onion and red pepper. Slice mushrooms. Add 1/2 cup onion and 1/2 cup red pepper to the frying pan. Saute on low medium heat for 7-8 minutes adding in the mushrooms at about the 5 minutes mark of the 7-8 minutes. Stir veggies to coat with olive oil and to cook them evenly.
- Remove the cooked veggies and place in a bowl or measuring cup. Assemble the ingredients to build the Pizza Tortilla Roll.
- Add 2 Tablespoons pizza sauce and 1/2 cup cooked veggies in a line down the middle of the tortilla.
- Top veggies and sauce with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 teaspoon parmesan cheese.
- Fold in both sides of the tortilla. to make a roll.
- Cover with a white napkin or paper towel to keep it folded. Tip: Always use white paper products in the microwave because colors can leach out.
- Microwave Pizza Tortilla Roll for 1 minute.
Other Recipe Options:This easy meal can be modified by substituting your favorite veggies or adding in cooked sausage, pepperoni, or ham for meat lovers. Make one or two for yourself and retain the rest in the refrigerator for another meal. Add in leftover cooked meats like grilled chicken or beef.
Enjoy!Give yourself a pizza meal anytime with this simple, easy recipe. My girl Frida loves Pupjoy! Try Pupjoy out for your doggies! Use $10 off affliate link below.
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer