Have you ever made your own flavored cream cheese? It’s super easy, fast, and delicious. This recipe for my Salted Caramel Cream Cheese and Apple Breakfast Bagel takes literally minutes to make using a food processor or hand mixer. I love to buy the flavored cream cheeses in the stores, but it’s so much fun to make your own flavors. The flavor combination possibilities are endless! This cream cheese and apple bagel is delicious on a toasted bagel along with a cup of coffee in the morning or for a yummy snack.
Related Post Flavored Cream Cheese Breakfast Bagel Bar: To see more flavored cream cheese recipes such as Hot Chocolate Cream Cheese, Tomato Chili Cream Cheese, and Strawberry Apple Cream Cheese, check out my post at https://www.juliehoagwriter.com/recipe/flavored-cream-cheese-bagel-breakfast-bar/
Adding fruit to a bagel adds fiber, vitamins, and nutrients plus using an apple adds a delightful crisp crunch. I love Honeycrisp apples for their taste and crisp crunch. This recipe calls for thin sliced Honeycrisp apples creating a tasty combination with the caramel in the cream cheese. It is delicious without the apple slices too.
Bagels are a popular breakfast food because they are so good, plus they are a satfisying and filling breakfast food. I hope you enjoy this recipe, it’s a favorite of mine.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclaimer page in the top menu bar for details.
This open faced breakfast bagel sandwich is easy and quick to make. The ingredients include caramel syrup, plain cream cheese in block form, salt, Honeycrisp apple slices, and a blueberry bagel. I love this easy recipe so much! I know you will too! The flavored cream cheese lasts in the refrigerator for many days of enjoyment.
It is also delicious to use this salted caramel cream cheese as a dip to dip apple slices in.
This is an original recipe by Julie Hoag.
Salted Caramel Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, plain block style
- 6 Tablespoons caramel syrup ice cream topping type, divided into 2 Tbsp. for cream cheese, plus 4 Tbsp. syrup to drizzle if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 blueberry bagels or any flavor as desired
- 3 apples Honeycrisp, sliced thin
- Combine 8 ounces softened block cream cheese with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 Tablespoons caramel syrup. Blend in a food processor or with a hand blender for 30-40 seconds until fully blended. Drizzle caramel syrup on top of cream cheese if desired. Add 4 pieces of thinly sliced Honeycrisp apple per bagel half.
- Drizzle apples with remaining caramel syrup if desired. Or skip drizzle to reduce sugar content.