My family loves the traditional Rice Krispie bars! These famous bars are a giant hit with everyone for a good reason, because they are so good. A delicious recipe idea hit me one day to use Nutella in making yummy toasted rice cereal bars. The recipe turned out so good! My Nutella Rice Krispie Bars are so easy and super delicious!
Time to Play in the Kitchen!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to purchase from any links on my site, I would receive a commission at no added cost to you. This helps support my site. Please see my disclaimer.
I set out to play in the kitchen, which is so much fun for me, but it’s always a gamble because I never know if it will turn out or not. If it doesn’t turn out, I’ve learned something to do different the next time. I’m so excited when a new recipe turns out, and this one does not disappoint! It turned out super delicious! It is absolutely divine with a glass of cold milk. The chocolate flavor is slight and not overpowering, but the @Nutella delivers a slight chocolate flavor that chocolate fans will absolutely love!
Kids could help make these, but be prepared to work quickly because the melted mixture hardens fast once it is removed from the heat. I make sure to have everything set up so I can grab needed items quickly.
An Easy, Delicous Treat Your Family Will Love!
I love these bars, and I know your family will love them too. They are easy-to-make using a large saucepan to melt the marshmallows, @Nutella, and butter together. The mixture is poured over the cereal, stirred, and pressed into a pan. This yummy treat or snack can be made in minutes. It hardens quickly, so it can be enjoyed shortly after it is made.
These bars are perfect for parties or picnics, or just for your family at home. I hope your family enjoys these bars as much as my family enjoys them!
These easy bars are made with four common ingredients:
- 8 cups toasted rice cereal (I used @Rice Krispies)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. large marshmallows
- 1/2 c. @Nutella (or other nut butter as desired)
The kitchen tools and supplies needed include a large saucepan, a large spoon, cooking spray, and a 9×13 inch pan. I cut these bars and placed them into a plastic container with a lid for storage.
This is an original recipe by Julie Hoag.
Nutella Rice Krispie Bars
- 8 cups toasted rice cereal I use @Rice Krispies cereal.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Nutella or other chocolate flavored nut butter
- 16 ounces marshmallows, large size
- Melt 16 ounces of marshmallows, 1/2 c. Nutella, and 3 Tbsp. butter together in a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Stir frequently to mix and facilitate the mixture to blend and melt together. Add 8 c. toasted rice cereal to a large bowl. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Once the mixture has melted, stir it into the cereal with a large spoon. Have everything set up so you can do the next steps fast. Quickly stir all ingredients together and continue to stir until the cereal is coated. Spray your fingers with cooking spray and press mixture into the baking pan. Press it all down flat and even. Use more cooking spray on your fingers as needed to prevent it from sticking to your hands. Pull any remaining cereal mixture from the bowl with your fingers, and press it onto the top of the bars. Flatten the whole surface with your fingers.
- Cut it into 6 rows of 4 bars each to make 24 bars.