My Easy Sweet Bean Crockpot Vegetarian Chili is super easy and quick meal prep to set up. Plop all the ingredients in the crockpot, stir, and let it cook. The crockpot does all the work here and delivers a sweet protein packed meal both vegetarians and meat-eaters will love! I love this sweet chili with buttermilk biscuits, especially my easy Grandma Inspired Potatoes and Biscuits. I love the flavor of these biscuits coated in butter with this chili, dipping it in the chili is so delicious!
Easy Meals for Busy Families
I love all the beans in this meatless dish because it’s a perfect meal for fall or winter when we are all craving chilis and soups. My favorite time to make this chili is when I’m super busy with the kids’ schedules and all I have to do is add it all to the crockpot and it does the rest of the work. I love this recipe because there is no chopping at all to make it, it’s made simply by opening up cans and adding the seasonings and broth.
It’s easy, simple, and quick to prep. That is exactly what I need as a busy mom!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclaimer in the top menu bar. If you purchase through the links, I recieve an advertising commision at no added cost to you. This helps me run my site.
Add Meat if Desired and Make it a Hybrid Meal
Since I’m a vegetarian but the rest of my family members are meat-eaters, I find adding meat on the side of this chili dish works well, such as adding a ham sandwich to the meal or topping the chili with small diced ham chunks or mini pepperoni (if meat is desired). The meat can be added as a topping in this way rather than in the actual chili itself. In this way, the meal can be made as one recipe to accommodate both a vegetarian diet and a meat-eating diet. I call this type of meal a Hybrid Recipe Meal.
Leftovers Can be Easily Frozen
This chili can easily be frozen if there are leftovers. I have successfully frozen a bowl or two in the freezer and it works out very well. I love to have a pre-made meal in the freezer because when time is short for an evening due to kid activities, I can pull the dish out of the freezer so I have a quick, tasty healthy meal when I don’t have time to cook.
This is an original recipe by Julie Hoag copyright @8/9/2017.
Related Post Vegetarian Recipe: Amazing Marinating Secret Plus Marinated Balsamic Mushroom Cap Burger Vegetarian Recipe
Easy Sweet Bean Crockpot Vegetarian Chili
- 1 can red chili beans in mild sauce, 16 oz.
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed, 15 oz.
- 1 can diced tomatoes petite diced, 14.5 oz. undrained
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz.
- 1/2 cup sweet and spicy honey mustard
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup lentils, sprouted green cooked according to directions on package
- Set crockpot up on the high setting. Open the can of red chili beans in mild sauce and add it to the crockpot. Open the can of black beans, drain and rinse the black beans prior to adding to the crockpot. Add the can of diced tomatoes and the can of tomato sauce and to the crockpot. Stir.
- Add 1/2 c. sweet and spicy honey mustard, 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 c. cooked sprouted greeen lentils (already cooked according to the directions on the package and drained if necessary), 1 c. vegetable broth, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt to crockpot. Stir well.
- Cook on high setting in a crockpot for 4-4 1/2 hours.