Spinach Dip Rocks!
I love spinach dip and it makes me think of the holidays because it’s such a common party food. I’ve come up with 5 Simple Ways to Serve Appetizers with Spinach Dip. These 5 appetizers all involve spinach dip in one way or another, and I know they will be perfect for your next party or holiday gathering.
This website contains affiliate links. If you purchase through the links, I will receive an advertising fee at no added cost to you. Please see my disclaimer in the top bar menu for more details. Thank you for visiting my site!
These 5 Simple appetizers include the following foods:
- 12 Hawaiian Bread sub sandwich buns
- Container of Spinach dip (you may need 2 containers if you make all 5 recipes)
- Box of Triscuits®, plain and unflavored
- Box of Triscuits® flavored at home, for these ingredients please see below or visit my post for Baked Zingy Mustard Triscuits
- 2 -3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 12-15 cheddar cheese slices (depending on how many cucumber and cheese sandwiches are desired)
- 24 slices ham sandwich meat
To lighten up the recipe, try these ideas with low fat or fat free dip.
5 Simple Way to Serve Appetizers with Spinach Dip
Here are my five simple ways to serve spinach dip appetizers at a party that aren’t the traditional Hawaiian Bread Bowl dip. I love how simple, easy, and fast these ideas are which make them perfect for busy moms like you and me:)
When making holiday food that is complex and time-consuming, I find it nice to have easy appetizers/snacks like these to add to the spread.
I also love these recipes because they can be made in my hybrid style meaning some can be vegetarian and some can be made with meat. It is customizable to what is desired to fit your family and guests whether they are meat-eaters or vegetarians.
1. Hawaiian Bread Sandwiches with Spinach Dip
At parties, I love the spinach dip with the Hawaiian bread. I could eat the whole thing myself! It’s a true classic party favorite for many people.
One day this past summer I had an epiphany, even though it a small one, it turned out to be a giant hit! I bought the Hawaiian bread sub rolls, spread spinach dip on them and made them into party sub sandwiches. I made ham sandwiches and vegetarian sandwiches and everyone loved them. Now my kids ask for these simple sandwiches about once a month. I’ve found a new family favorite!
They are super easy to make and can be made in just minutes. Simply spread spinach dip on the bottom or top half of the sub bun, layer a slice of cheddar cheese broken in half and and double-layered, and lastly add 2 slices of folded ham sandwich meat.
Or, if you are making vegetarian sandwiches like I do, simply leave the ham off. These are so good and deliver that awesome taste of the Hawaiian bread bowl and spinach dip taste in a sandwich form.
2. Cucumber Spinach Dip Sandwiches
These are tasty and I love the idea of using cucumber slices instead of bread to get a low carb appetizer. Cucumbers are so yummy dipped in spinach dip so these two ingredients by themselves deliver an awesome flavorful and crunch-filled bite.
Simply peel a cucumber, slice it, and spread the spinach dip on one cucumber slice. Top it with another cucumber slice and you have delicious and healthy Cucumber Spinach Dip Sandwiches minus the carbs!
These are a perfect summer time appetizer too when people are looking for a refreshing crunchy little veggie sandwich. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top to taste if desired, though they are good without salt and pepper too:)
3. Cucumber and Cheese Spinach Dip Sandwiches
Going off of preceeding idea from number 2. above, simply add a quarter of a deli sliced piece of cheddar cheese to the Cucumber Spinach Dip Sandwiches. This adds protein to the little carb-free appetizer and also some tasty flavor with the cheese. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste if desired for an even more scrumptious app idea.
4. Triscuit Topped with Spinach Dip and Cucumbers
I was going for simple with these appetizer ideas, simple but delicious. Topping Triscuits® with a smear of spinach dip and a half of a cucumber slice is amazingly good! I love Triscuits® even by themselves, but top them with spinach dip and a cucumber and they are even better:)
5. Top my Baked Zingy Mustard Triscuits with Spinach Dip
This is SO GOOD! You will love these tasty Baked Zingy Mustard Triscuits with Spinach Dip recipe I developed. It’s so delicious and a perfect snack or party appetizer. It would be a great appetizer to set out before the Thanksgiving meal or at Christmas, however, it would work for any time of year including summer. These Mustard flavored Triscuits® are good alone, but they are even better with the dip.
The ingredients for Zingy Mustard Triscuits® with Spinach Dip include the following:
- 1 stick of melted butter (8 Tbsp.)
- 1/3 c. spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Family size box of Triscuits® (12.5 oz.)
- spinach dip for topping
- optional: slice of cucumber or tomato to top spinach dip with
Mix together the melted butter, mustard, seasoned salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and stir well.
Pour over Triscuit® crackers in a roasting pan and stir well to coat.
Bake at 250° for 1 1/2 hours stirring every 15 minutes.
Let cool prior to serving.
Spread spinach dip on each cracker and serve it as is or top with a small piece of cucumber or tomato. Or, simply add spinach dip to a platter surrounded by the flavored crackers for dipping.
I hope you love these super easy, but super yummy appetizers made with spinach dip.
Related Appetizer Post: Cheddar Hashbrown Potato Jalapeno Bites Appetizer
Related Appetizer Post: Pecan Squash Rolls Appetizer
This post and contents are copyrighted juliehoagwriter@11/21/2017. All Rights Reserved.
5 Simple Ways to Serve Appetizers with Spinach Dip
- 12 Hawaiian Bread sub sandwich buns
- 12-15 slices cheddar cheese deli cut thin sliced
- 1 spinach dip I buy premade spinach dip in a container, may need 2
- 24 slices ham sandwich meat
- 3 cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 2 boxes Triscuit crackers see recipe in blog post for mustard flavored Triscuit ingredients. Add more time in prep if making mustard flavored crackers.
- To Make Hawaiian Bread Sub Sandwiches: Spread a thin layer of spinach dip on the top or bottom bun. Break a piece of cheese in half and lay it on bread in a double layer overlapped. Next, add two folded pieces of ham if making meat sandwiches. Add other half of bun to complete this easy sandwich.
- To Make Cucumber Spinach Dip Sandwiches: peel cucumber and slice. Spread a thin layer of spinach dip on a cucumber slice and top with another cucumber slice to make a sandwich.
- Cucumber and Cheese Spinach Dip Sandwiches: peel cucumber and slice. Spread a thin layer of spinach dip on a cucumber slice and add a fourth of a cheese slice. Top with another cucumber slice to make a sandwich.
- Triscuit Topped with Spinach dip and cucumber: spread a thin layer of dip on a Triscuit cracker. Top with a half of a slice of cucumber.