Are you looking for a vegetarian stuffing recipe? This is the recipe for you! When there is meat in the stuffing at the holiday meal the vegetarian is immediately out for enjoying the stuffing dish, but it doesn’t have to be that way! I have an alternative stuffing recipe. You can make my Delicious Vegetarian Cheese and Tofu Stuffing recipe. I love this stuffing recipe! It’s so yummy!
This protein packed recipe adds extra protein to a holiday meal, or any meal, for the vegetarian.
This website has affiliate links. If you were to purchase or click a link, I would recieve a very small advertising fee at no added cost to you. Please see my disclaimer in the top menu bar for details. Thank you:) I greatly appreciate any support given to me.
This recipe is super easy. It’s super easy and super yummy which are my main goals for cooking as a busy mom. I love how it adds protein to the meal in an unexpected way in a stuffing dish. This recipe would be great at a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal, but it would also be a great tasty addition to a meal any time of year. I love publishing this recipe and being able to offer vegetarians an alternative to traditional meat stuffing!
Scroll down to easily print this recipe:)
Cooking with Tofu
Even though I’ve been a vegetarian for years, I’ve refrained from cooking much with tofu because I’ve shied away from making something only I would eat, especially when I already had so much to make for the rest of the family meal. However, I’m increasing my cooking with tofu these days. I’m pleased to say my meat-eating husband and son tried this dish too and they loved it (and they didn’t even notice the tofu was in it until I told them after they ate it).
This is a new favorite of mine. I recently developed this recipe and it’s so good and my family loves it, so now I have a great side dish to add to my holiday meals! This recipe is so easy and good, it can quickly be made as an everyday recipe too as a side dish for any meal. It would go well as a side for a meat entree as well. Yes, even though I am a vegetarian, I do cook meat.
I’m a Vegetarian Who Cooks Meat. What???
Although I’m a vegetarian, the rest of my family eats meat so I often cook in a hybrid way where I make the dish work for myself as a vegetarian, and for the rest of my family who are meat-eaters with one recipe. I’m the main cook for my family so I’ve come to cook in this hyrbid way for most family meals.
I’ve made a vegetarian and hybrid dish cookbook that gives tips on how to cook in a hybrid way. I’ve been cooking this way for years and years for my own family so I decided I wanted to share my ideas with the world to help other hybrid diet families like my own.
The recipes in this book include both vegetarian and hybrid recipes that contain a meatless and meat portion. The recipes could be easily modified to all vegetarian by omitting the meat, or made all meat by doubling the meat amount. If you’d like to learn more about my cookbook and view a portion of my cookbook, click my affiliate link below to view it on Amazon. It is available in Kindle form or print.
My sincere wish is that my cookbook will provide easy, simple, and realistic recipes for everyday cooking to make meals in hybrid diet homes go more smoothly (less short-order cooking!) and be more enjoyable for families.
If you purchase my cookbook, I’d love a review from you on Amazon:)
Ingredients for Vegetarian Cheese and Tofu Stuffing
The common easy to find ingredients needed for this recipe include the following:
- cubed super firm tofu, drained
- olive oil
- cubed mild cheddar cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian style bread crumbs
The cheddar cheese chunks will melt, but since they are coated with bread crumbs, they usually come off the pan easily if the pan was first sprayed with cooking spray. It also works best if the food is pushed off the pan into a bowl with a spatula while it is still hot. I always do this right after I pull it out of the oven.
The melted cheese chunks are delicious with the bread crumbs and tofu making it rather delicious with a glass of wine or milk:)
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I’d love to hear about how you like it, drop me a comment sometime about it if you make it:)
Related Hybrid Recipe post with Tofu and Ham: Hybrid English Muffin Bread Tofu and Ham Quiche
Hybrid Soup Recipe using 2 Crockpots: Hybrid Vegetarian and Chicken Mushroom Noodle Soupon One Recipe Two Crockpots
Copyright ©2017 Julie Hoag. All Rights Reserved.
Vegetarian Cheese and Tofu Stuffing
- 8 ounces tofu, super firm chunks drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, mild, cubed cubes about 1/4 by 1/2 inch square, 1 cup slightly overfull
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs, Italian Style
- Cut up cheddar cheese into approximately 1/4 by 1/2 inch cubes. Add to a large bowl.
- Drain 8 oz. cubed super firm tofu. Add tofu to the large bowl with the cheese cubes.
- Scramble two eggs with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Pour over cheese and tofu chunks. Stir well to coat.
- Add 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs and 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese to a bowl and stir well.
- Add bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese mixture to the bowl with the egss/cheese/tofu. Stir well to coat cheese and tofu with bread crumbs.
- Spray a cookie sheet pan with cooking spray (I use PAM brand). Lay out the tofu and cheese chunks in a single layer across the pan.
- Cook in the oven at 375 degress for about 20 minutes before removing.
- Immediately after the pan is taken out of the oven, scrap it all off the cookie sheet into a large bowl using a spatula. The cheese will be melted. Stir and chop cheese chunks slightly as needed with a spatula. Serve warm.