Grilled cheese sandwiches are the ultimate comfort food, especially in cold weather. I am sharing a super delicious, easy-to-make grilled cheese recipe. It’s a spicy twist on a famous classic! This Easy Delicious Jalapeño Grilled Cheese Sandwich with 2 Cheeses is so good and yummy! If you love cheese and jalapeño together, you will love this sandwich.
This website contains affiliate links. These links help support my website. If you were to click through and purchase, I would receive a small advertising fee at no added cost to you. Please see my disclaimer in the top menu bar. Thank you!
I love grilled cheese with tomato soup too, so eating this sandwich with tomato soup is next on my agenda. I’ve made this sandwich multiple times and I’ve loved eating it every time. Just looking at the pictures of this sandwich makes me want to make it again! I do love recipes with jalapeños for added zing, this simple recipe does not disappoint!
This sandwich is very tasty with a side of corn with red and green peppers as well. This combination goes very well together, I highly recommend it!
The Ingredients for Easy Delicious Jalapeño Grilled Cheese Sandwich with 2 Cheeses
On a cold fall day or frigid winter day, grab these ingredients for a super tasty and cheesy sandwich! To make this sandwich, you will need the following ingredients:
- Queso Fresco cheese
- American cheese, I use Kraft® (or cheddar cheese)
- Jalapeños (canned)
- Thick sliced bread, I love to use Artesano bakery bread by Sara Lee®
This sandwich is super easy to make so only takes minutes to prepare in a frying pan. This recipe is for one person, simply repeat for multiple sandwiches. I love using thick sliced bread for this sandwich because it makes the sandwich so yummy!
Scroll down to easily print this recipe.
I Love Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!
I love grilled cheese sandwiches because they are so quick to prepare which is important for busy households. This meal is great for when we have a lot of sports events in the evenings for the kids and we need a quick meal. Not all my kids like spicy food though, so for the ones who don’t like spice, I simply skip the jalapeños. They all like the double cheese though.
I love this sandwich when I’m working during the day too. As a WAHM (Work at Home Mom), I sometimes want a yummy lunch but I don’t want to make a lot of effort to make it. Regular grilled cheese is awesome, but I love eating this sandwich combination for a change of pace when I’m looking for something different.
Customize it and Make it a Hybrid Meal
For those who want meat in their grilled cheese sandwich, it’s easy to simply add sliced ham or turkey sandwich meat to the sandwich. Since grilled cheese sandwiches are made individually, they make a great hybrid meal where it can be customized to a person’s taste whether they want it meatless or with meat.
You might be wondering what I mean by a hybrid meal so I will explain. My family is composed of vegetarians and meat-eaters so I often make hybrid meals that are a combination recipe that works for both vegetarians and meat-eaters. I’ve cooked this way all my adult life so I created a cookbook to help other families like mine who are looking for solutions to feed both vegetarians and meat-eaters from one recipe.
For tips on how to cook in this hybrid way and for recipes that contain a meatless and meat portion, check out my cookbook on Amazon. There is an Kindle version and a paperback version. My cookbook also contains vegetarian recipes too including breakfast recipes, lunch ideas, appetizers, and dinner recipes.
It sounds difficult to cook in a hybrid way, but it’s really not, it’s more about being mindful when cooking.
If you purchase my book, I would love an honest review from you on Amazon:)
I hope you enjoy this easy sandwich! It’s so good! You just have to try it out. I love adding a new twist to a classic favorite like this because it’s already delicious and altering it a bit is like the icing on the cake!
Looking for more easy and yummy comfort food recipes? Try this! Easy Garlic Ranch Oven Fries
Easy Delicious Jalapeno Grilled Cheese Sandwich with 2 Cheeses
- 2 slices American cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1 slice Queso Fresco cheese slice carefully as it crumbles very easily
- 1 Tablespoon jalapenos, canned chopped and from a can
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter divided into 1 Tbsp. and 1/2 Tbsp.
- 2 slices bread thick sliced bread, I use Artesano bakery bread by Sara Lee
- Slice a thin layer of cheese off a block of Queso Fresco cheese. Lay it on one slice of bread.
- Lay two slices of American cheese (or cheddar) overlapping on the other piece of bread. Choose just one slice to cut calories.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. chopped jalapenos from a can evenly across the Queso Fresco cheese slice. Close bread slices together to make a sandwich.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of butter in a frying pan until melted. Add sandwich to pan. Top sandwich with 1/2 Tbsp. of butter broken into pieces (spaced out across bread slice). Cook and flip over once the bread is golden. Grilled cheese is done when golden on both sides. Repeat as desired for more sandwiches.