Does your family freqently travel to visit amusement parks? Mine sure does. We buy our family of five season passes to our local amusement park as a Chistmas present every year. We need certain items when we go. I’m sharing my 18 essentials for What to Pack for a Day at the Amusement Park with Kids that fit in my sling backpack.
I was gifted a NeatPack versatile sling bag for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links. If you were to purchase through the link, I would receive a small advertising fee for referring you to the seller at no added cost to you. This helps me run my website. Please see my disclaimer in the top menu bar for details. Thank you!
I love this new bag I’ve been introduced to called a NeatPack to pack gear in for heading to the amusement park, whether it’s indoors or out. This polyester canvas travel backpack is my new fave! It is also perfect for use while traveling, visiting the mall, and for every day use.
Honestly, I would rather bring my NeatPack than a purse to an amusement park. In the past, I would always use one of my kids’ old backpacks to bring things along to the amusement park, but the NeatPack is way better. I’ll tell you why.
Why I Love my NeatPack Sling Bag:
- I love this bag because I was able to pack so much in the bag, I was totally amazed! It has so many compartments to neatly store all my stuff.
- Plus, I loved all the compartments to keep bottles upright which means less chance of the bug spray or any other bottles spilling or leaking.
- It is comfortable to wear and doesn’t slip off my should all the time like my purse or a regular backpack tends to do.
- It is water resistant which is important at an amusement park both for some protection from water overspray on water rides and from rain.
- The bag can hold a laptop up to 18.5″ x 12.5″, an iPad, or tablet.
- A book would fit easily in the bag with many other items.
- The bag has a hidden RFID security pouch.
- The bag is versatile. I can wear the bag to the front to safeguard my stuff from theives, on my back, or crossbody.
- Slot pouches are perfect to store pens and pencils.
- I can add coins or money to the zipper pouch.
- There is a spot for my cell phone (fits phones 7.5″ x 3″ x 1.5″) with a slot for an earbuds cord to go through.
- There are two reflective strips on it for night time visibility for safety reasons.
- I can fit 5 small water bottles in for my whole family.
- I can’t wait to take this bag on our next family vacation! It will make the perfect carrryon bag.
The NeatPack Bag
To learn more, visit NeatPack
What to Pack for a Day at the Amusement Park with Kids: 18 Essential Items
When heading out to an amusement park with my kids, there are certain essentials I need to pack for the day. I was so pleased to find out I was easily able to fit all 18 items into the NeatPack bag. The pouches were not too full and I could pull the zipper closed easily even with all 18 of these items inside.
This list is for an outdoor amusement park. But, if we are visiting our local indoor amusement park, of course, I skip the sunscreen and bug spray:)
What I packed:
- three refillable drink cups we purchased from the amusement park for my 3 boys (two inside and one hanging from the hook)
- one water bottle (in water bottle pouch)
- bug spray
- stick sunscreen
- lotion sunscreen
- spray sunscreen
- hand sanitizer (touching all those dirty handles on rides means we need to clean hands frequently)
- packet of tissues
- makeup powder compact (for me!)
- bottle of ibuprofen (in case of someone gets a headache from rides)
- phone (this is so important with older kids to keep in contact with them when they go off on their own)
- portable charger and cord for phone (amusement parks always seem to zap out my phone’s power quickly so a portable charger is essential)
- ear buds (in case I’m sitting around waiting so I can listen to music or a podcast)
- extra pair of contacts (because two of my boys wear them and so do I, and we need to be able to see if we lose a contact!)
- small hand lotion bottle
Plus there would still be room to add a few more small things like sunglass case, granola bars, hat, or a waterproof phone pouch for when going on water rides or for use at a water park.
Amusement Park Tip: To save money, pack your own lunches or stop to pick up subs to put in a cooler. Park near a patch of grass so you can easily enjoy a picnic lunch for cheaper in the amusement park parking lot. We do this every time and it works out great! Then we just buy a treat or snack inside the park.
Moms, After the Diaper Bag is Done, Get a NeatPack!
Fellow moms, when your kids no longer need a diaper bag, this is your bag to go to next. It is perfect for bringing along what you need to fit the needs of older kids who no longer need diapers, wipes, creams, and extra clothing to go along when out and about. This bag will fit water bottles, snacks, sunscreen, hand sanitzer, a wallet, a camera, a small umbrella, and your phone, plus be comfortable too. I can even say this sling backpack is more comfortable to wear around than my purse is!!
If you are just sitting around while kids are busy when out and about, a small laptop, iPad, or book would easily fit in the NeatPack as well. Older kids don’t need so much hovering by moms anymore, so unless I have a friend along to chat with, I’m sitting with my phone, a book, or laptop while the kids do their activity.
P. S. This bag makes a great gift for tweens and teens!
Need other Family Travel Packing Tips: Read this (free printable list too!) What to pack for an family trip to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico
Read this for a camping checklist: Family Camping Packing Checklist
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post! And, I hope you found something helpful to make your next trip even better!
Copyright ©2018 Julie Hoag. All Rights Reserved.
Free All-Inclusive Resort Packing List
Printable Packing List to make packing for your family easier which will reduce your pre-travel stress:) Have a wonderful trip! You will also receive emails about new posts. I'm excited to share with you!