Looking for a delicious salad full of flavor? This recipe is one of my favorite salad recipes I’ve created. This Tangy Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad is full of robust tangy flavor and lots of healthy cucumbers. It works great for a side dish for a meal at home or for parties and groups. The dressing for this salad is a recipe I initially developed for a lettuce salad, and then one day I used it for a cucumber salad and absolutely loved it!
This website contains affiliate links. If you were to purchase through the links, I would recieve a small advertisizing fee at no added cost to you. This helps me run this website:) Please see my disclaimer for more details. Thank you:)
I love the tangy flavor of these ingredients mixed with a creaminess of the dressing and crispness of the cukes. This is seriously so good and a total crowd-pleaser salad. It’s easy to make and uses common, easy to find ingredients. There isn’t a lot of color to this salad, but don’t let that fool you….it’s jam packed with robust tanginess!
Scroll down to easily print this recipe:)
Ingredients for Tangy Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad
I hope you try this recipe, you will love it! The ingredients to make it include:
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- half and half creamer
- fresh squeezed lime juice (juice from about 1 small lime or 3/4 of a larger lime)
- apple cider vinegar
- ground red pepper, cayenne
- fresh cilantro leaves, no stems
- olive oil mayonnaise
- skim milk
And that’s it! These are ordinary ingredients easily found in most grocery stores in the United States. I’m not sure about other countries, but these are common ingredients in our stores here in the United States. I hope you have access to these ingredients wherever you live so you can enjoy this yummy cucumber salad as well:)
It takes me about 45 minutes to prepare this salad, sometimes an hour if I have to stop and help my kids with something. It lasts very well in the fridge for a few days I’ve found. This salad is yummy alongside a sandwich or meat entree. I find it’s a refreshing tangy salad for anytime of year, however, I especially love it in the late summer when I can use fresh cucumbers from my own garden or local farmers. It paris wells with an Easter brunch meal too.
I like to keep the minced garlic divided where a portion goes into the salad dressing and the remainder goes into the salad prep. Preparing the recipe in this way creates smaller pieces and larger pieces of minced garlic because the dressing is blended while the minced garlic for the salad building is not blended.
When to Make This Salad
As I mentioned above, this salad lasts for several days in the fridge so I enjoy making it for my own family even if it takes several days to finish it off. I really love bringing it for parties and groups because people love it so much. It is perfect for a holiday meal such as Easter as well when everyone loves to have salads. This Tangy Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad is also delicious for brunches or lunchtime.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you like this recipe, you also might enjoy making the salad dressing for lettuce salads, see this post for the dressing recipe: Tangy Homemade Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
I hope you enjoy this salad! Eat well and enjoy life!
Copyright ©2018 Julie Hoag. All Rights Reserved.
Tangy Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic minced, divided into 1 tsp. for dressing, 2 tsp. for when building salad
- 5 Tablespoons half and half creamer
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed juice from one small lime or 3/4 a larger lime, squeeze wedges and measure it out
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, cayenne
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cilantro, fresh leaves fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, about 1 mounded Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon skim milk
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 10 cucumbers peeled and sliced, cut slices into halves or quarters
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- Prepare dressing by adding 1/4 c. olive oil, 1 tsp. minced garlic, 5 Tbsp. half and half creamer, 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice, 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper, 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves (about 1 mounded Tbsp.), 1/2 c. olive oil mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp. skim milk, and 3 tsp. sugar to a bowl. Blend with a hand blender for about a minute. This makes about 1 2/3 c. dressing.
- Peel and slice all 10 cucumbers and cut slices in half or in quarters depending on size of cucumbers. Place in a large bowl.
- Chop up the onion for 1/2 c. diced onion and add it to the cucumbers.
- Add 2 tsp. minced garlic to the cut cucumbers and onion. Stir veggies.
- Pour dressing all of the dressing over the cucumber/onion/garlic mixture. Stir well to coat. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer