I adore cheesecake. All cheesecake. I also love chocolate, so I combined the two. I played around with this recipe in the kitchen for a few months and I’ve found my favorite combination. You will love this Easy Baked Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe if you love chocolate and you love cheesecake, just like me;) This chocolate cheesecake recipe is not complicated to make and it’s so scrumptious. It’s a rich cheesecake that is delicious with a glass of milk, cup of coffee, or even with a glass of red wine.
This post contains affiliate and sponsored links. If you purchase through the links, I receive a small advertising fee at no added cost to you. Please see my disclaimer.
Confession time! I once ate a piece of this cheesecake as my dinner;) I’m not joking! I really did.
Scroll down to easily print this recipe.
This chocolate cheesecake recipe uses a hazelnut spread with cocoa, plus added in baking cocoa for extra chocolaty fudge flavor. I love using 100% unsweetened cocoa because it provides the dessert with a wonderful robust chocolate taste. I love to use the unsweetened cocoa show below, it’s my fave:) It is also sold in a canister.
I love the addition of chia seeds in this recipe too because it adds a bit of health to the decadent dessert. My thought is, why not add in a healthy ingredient? Sneak in something healthy whenever you can, when you can. Love that:) I also love the addition of the cashews for giving it a bit of nutty crunch and also adding in a big of healthiness (tiny as it is, it still counts in my opinion). When I get a bite with a bigger chunk of cashew, it reminds me of my grandma’s fudge with walnuts. Such a good food memory for me:)
Ingredients to Make this Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
The twelve ingredients needed to make this Easy Baked Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe include:
- graham cracker crumbs
- cream cheese, block style
- white sugar
- cocoa hazelnut spread (I use Nutella®)
- brown sugar
- butter (melted)
- cashews, crushed
- chia seeds
- coconut oil
- skim milk
- baking cocoa, unsweetened cocoa powder with 100% cocoa
See below for detailed instructions, but basically, the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, butter, cashews, chia seeds, and coconut oil make up the crust. The crust is baked at 325° for about 7 minutes. The cheesecake filling is made with cream cheese, white sugar, hazelnut spread with cocoa, unsweetened cocoa, skim milk, and eggs. It is blended smooth. The cheesecake filling is then poured into the crust after it has been baked. The whole cheesecake is baked at 325° for sixty minutes.
This is my favorite immersion blender. I use it all the time:)
I’ve been on a bit of a cheesecake obsession lately. I also developed a recipe for Cookie Butter Cheesecake. My boys adore this cookie butter cheesecake. They beg for it. However, my chocolate-loving kids totally enjoy this chocolate cheesecake recipe too. I am totally obsessed with chocolate, especially dark chocolate. So, I love this recipe. Like I mentioned above, I could (and did) happily eat it for dinner!
This cheesecake would go perfectly at a holiday party or any group gathering. I think it would be perfect for New Year’s Eve too. Serving cheesecake is a great New Year’s Eve tradition. One I love to entertain.
I love this crust too because it’s so crumbly and tasty. The added in cashews are delish. They don’t need to be pulverized, just crush to your own desire, in fact I think little chunks are tastiest for a nutty crunch.
I hope you enjoy this scrumptious chocolate cheesecake recipe! Let me know how it goes for you, I’d love to hear about it. Come back and leave a comment or email me to let me know. Thanks for visiting my site:) Eat well and enjoy life!
Looking for another chocolate recipe? Try out my Chocolate Raspberry Muffins Made with Whole Wheat Flour.
You can find more great recipes and product reviews from our friends at the Village Bakery.
Love that photo below, it reminds me how yummy this cheesecake is and I want to make it all over again!
Copyright ©2018 Julie Hoag. All Rights Reserved. Including all photos, photos taken by Julie Hoag.
Easy Baked Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese, block
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa hazelnut spread Nutella
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cashews crush
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil divided
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 Tablespoon baking cocoa
- Combine 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs, 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar, 6 Tbsp. melted butter, 1 tsp. chia seeds, and 2 tsp. melted coconut oil. Stir well and ensure cracker crumbs are fully moistened. Grease a glass pie pan with 1/2 tsp. coconut oil. Press crust into pie pan and flatten with the back of a spoon to make it as even as possible. Bake at 325 degrees for about 7 minutes. Sprinkle crushed cashews across the flat part of the crust.
- Mix up cheesecake filling. Add 16 ouces softened cream cheese to a bowl. Add 1/2 c. white granulated sugar, 3/4 c. hazelnut spread with cocoa, and 1 Tbsp. baking cocoa to a bowl. Blend with a immersion blender or hand blender. Scramble 3 eggs with 1/4 c. skim milk. Add milk and egg mixture to the cheesecake filling and blend until smooth.
- Pour cheeesecake filling into pie crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes. It will puff up.
- Allow cheesecake to fully cool and refrigerate for several hours prior to serving. Cheesecake will settle and flatten as it cools. Serve and enjoy. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer