Looking for a hot and quick breakfast idea? Check out this recipe! I love this fast simple breakfast recipe I developed for an Easy Quick Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe with only an 8 Minute Cook Time. When time is short, but I want something hot and delicious made with as few dishes as possible, this is my new go-to meal. It takes 7 simple ingredients and just one pan.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclaimer in the top bar menu or sidebar. Thank you:)
This recipe is super easy to make and so yummy. I’ve made this recipe with salsa inside which makes it so scrumptious, but I’ve also made it without salsa at the request of one of my kids who doesn’t like eggs with salsa, and it’s a hit either way;)
Making this breakfast is like making omelets. The quesadilla is made one at a time and therefore could be customized to each person’s tastes. There are many ideas for optional add-ins other than salsa such as tofu chunks, cooked pieces of meat or cooked vegetables. Since it only cooks for 8 minutes, it’s best to use add-ins that are already cooked. A great way to use up last night’s leftovers!
The 7 Ingredients for This Easy Quick Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe
When craving something hot, delicious, and nutritious that is a fast meal to make, turn to this quick breakfast quesadilla recipe. The common easy to find ingredients needed to make it include:
- fajita size flour tortillas
- shredded Quesadilla cheese
- skim milk
- salt, to taste
This breakfast quesadilla recipe is fun to make too. It’s rather a simple process so even elementary aged kids, tweens, or teens could make it. The whole recipe is made using one frying pan as well. Make just one or repeat to make as many as needed. Customize it as desired by adding in extra ingredients like tofu chunks, leftover cooked meats, pre-cooked veggies like peppers/onions/mushrooms, or different flavored cheeses.
I adore how fast this is to make as well so if there is a large group, every 8 minutes one is done. It works for a solo meal or for a group. The cooked breakfast quesadillas could be kept warm in a crockpot, in the oven, a roaster oven, or under foil so everyone can eat the breakfast meal together.
I like to use this kind pictured below:) (affiliate)
Supremo Queso Chihuahua Shredded Quesadilla Cheese, 7.06 Ounce – 12 per case.
How to Make This Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe
Scroll down to easily print this recipe:)
The delicious breakfast recipe is easy to make. First, melt some butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Next, lay down a tortilla and top it with shredded quesadilla cheese (found in the Mexican dairy section of your grocery store).
Let it cook while scrambling two eggs with the milk. Pour the milk and scrambled egg mixture over the tortilla. It will spill over the edges of the tortilla and fill up the whole pan. Let the egg around the edges of the tortilla cook.
Once the edges of the egg mixture are cooked, fold in the egg by flapping it on top of the tortilla. Flip the egg in all around the tortilla. Add the salsa or other add-ins at this time on top of the tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle with salt as desired. Lay another tortilla on top of the tortilla in the pan so it’s like a sandwich. Spread soft butter over the top of the tortilla facing up.
Flip the whole thing like a pancake once the tortilla on the bottom is golden. Continue to cook it until the tortilla that was on the top (now on the bottom) becomes golden too. It usually takes about 8 minutes in all to make it. Cut the quesadilla into fourths and serve. Top with salsa and sour cream as desired.
Now it’s time to eat! Yummy!!
Brunch, Lunch, Dinner too!
Make this satisfying meal for brunch, lunch, or dinner. At our house we often have eggs for dinner or lunch, they aren’t just for breakfast! This easy customizable meal works for any time of day and especially when short on time. Think before school or before/after sports practice or other evening events.
I love using the cage-free eggs from free-range chickens from the farm just down the road from my house. I believe animals should be allowed to roam and live with the freedom to move about rather than being forced to live in cages.
Next, I want to try this recipe with goat cheese. Using fresh mozzarella and basil leaves with spinach also sounds totally divine. The possibilities of add-ins are endless:) If you try this recipe with your own combo, I’d love to hear about it!
I hope you enjoy this simple breakfast recipe. Eat well and enjoy life!
Other breakfast ideas:
Salted Caramel Cream Cheese and Apple Breakfast Bagel
Simple Easy Quick 7 Ones Egg Burrito
Hybrid English Muffin Bread Tofu and Ham Quiche
Quick Vegetable Mini Egg Bake made in the microwave
Copyright ©2018 Julie Hoag. All Rights Reserved.
Easy Quick Breakfast Quesadilla 8 Minute Cook Time
- 2 Tablespoons butter divided
- 2 flour tortillas fajita size
- 1/2 cup Quesadilla cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon skim milk
- 1/2 cup salsa
- salt sprinkled as desired
- Melt 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter in a medium sized frying pan over medium heat. Spread melted butter across the entire surface of the pan.
- Lay a fajita sized flour tortilla on top of the melted butter.
- Sprinkle 1/2 c. shredded Quesadilla cheese evenly over the tortilla.
- Let tortilla and cheese cook while scrambling 2 eggs with 1 Tbsp. skim milk. Pour egg/milk mixture over the tortilla. Egg and milk mixture will run off the edges of the tortilla to fill the pan. Allow egg around edges of tortilla to cook.
- Fold in all the edges of egg all around the tortilla once egg is cooked so that the egg is flapped over and lays all around the edge of the tortilla.
- Spread 1/2 c. salsa across the center of the tortilla over the egg and cheese (add any other desired precooked foods too). Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Lay the second tortilla over the top lining up both tortillas evenly. Spread 1/2 Tbsp. butter over top tortilla. Flip it over once the bottom tortilla is golden underneath. Then cook for another 2 minutes (cooking the quesadilla over medium heat usually takes about 8 minutes total). Quesadilla is done once golden underneath. Cut into fourths and serve. Top with sour cream and salsa as desired.
Cuchan Millap says
Hello, Thanks for this nice recipe guide.
Will it be ok if I serve the recipe with some fried chicken to my guests?
Julie Hoag says
I hope you enjoy the recipe:)