I know you will love these Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms with Three Cheeses and Jalapeños:) This is the most delicious easy stuffed mushrooms appetizer ever. It is super simple to make. These are a great addition to a party menu, football party, or New Year’s Eve spread. I love this tasty finger food! It will be a hit at your next party or appetizer meal at home. This is a meatless appetizer made with cream cheese, shredded mild cheddar cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese plus pine nuts. I love making these tasty veggies at my house because they are irresistible and we eat the whole pan within minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. If purchases are made through the links, I receive a small advertising fee that comes at no added cost to you. Please see disclaimer link in the menu. Thank you:)
Scroll down to easily print this recipe.
A Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms both Vegetarians and Meat-Eaters Will LOVE!
Do you love appetizers with vegetables? I certainly do because it adds healthy components to a fun party menu item:
yummy + healthy equals smart & delicious!
The three kinds of cheese in this recipe and the pine nuts add some protein to this vegetarian snack. Meat-lovers also love this recipe, even though it is meat-free. It’s quite delicious! I just love the bit of spice the jalapeños add, but I wouldn’t call these spicy because they have such a tiny hint of spiciness. The nutty flavor of the pine nuts mixed with the cheese and garlic is very sumptuous and satisfying. I could eat these as my whole meal!
Though, if you have some members of your family or party that really want meat, simply add bacon crumbles to this recipe. Oftentimes, I will do half meat and half vegetarian appetizers for my split table family, which would make this what I call a hybrid dish.
A tasty recipe for:
- family appetizer meal night (a family favorite at my house)
- holiday parties
- football parties
- baby showers
- bridal showers
- Mom’s night in
- when entertaining houseguests
- dinner parties
- birthday parties
- anniversary dinners
I love cooking with mushrooms. They are so versatile, pick up flavors easily, and blend in with most dishes. Cooking with fresh mushrooms is an absolute must for me, fresh is best for sure when it comes to mushrooms:)
Check out these other mushrooms recipe: Orange Marinated Mushrooms in Tomato Basil Sauce & Marinated Balsamic Mushrooms, a meatless Burger meal
Ingredients for these Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms with Three Cheeses, Jalapeños, & Pine Nuts
There are ten ingredients to make these Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms. This recipe is really easy to make. The recipe prep takes me about 15-20 minutes.
- 4 oz. block cream cheese, softened (set on the countertop to soften or microwave for a very short time)
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts, crushed
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. bread crumbs, Italian style (I purchase these with Italian seasonings already in the bread crumbs)
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh jalapeño (I used a food processor)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. fresh crimini mushrooms (Baby Bella) with stems removed
The filling for the mushrooms is made using the soft cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, shredded mild cheddar cheese, crushed pine nuts (I measure 1 Tbsp. pine nuts then crush them), minced garlic, bread crumbs, onion powder, jalapeño, and olive oil. Stir all the ingredients together well in a bowl. Preheat the oven to 375°. Wash and dry crimini (Baby Bella) mushrooms. Remove the stems by twisting them and then manually remove any remaining stem (with fingers or a spoon). Fill the hole left in mushrooms where the stem used to be with the filling. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and place the stuffed mushrooms on the pan. Cook for 30 minutes. Optional: if needed, broil for 3-4 minutes until the tops are golden (be sure to watch so the bottoms of the mushrooms don’t burn). Serve immediately.
Please scroll down to easily print this recipe:)
These vegetarian stuffed mushrooms are tasty as leftovers, but they are so good, we usually eat them all in a matter of minutes:) They are amazing!
Get all 10 ingredients here:
Crimini Mushrooms, Locally Grown, 1 Pound
KRAFT PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE BRICK ORIGINAL 8 OZ PACK OF 4
Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs 15 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese-24 oz
KRAFT CHEESE MILD CHEDDAR SHREDDED 8 OZ PACK OF 3
Trader Joe’s Raw Pignolias (Pine Nuts)
Spice World Minced Garlic, 4.5 oz
McCormick Onion Powder, 4.5 oz
Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 68 Ounce
Fresh Jalapenos Chili Peppers 2 lbs.
Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms for Christmas & Holiday Time
I adore these stuffed mushrooms at Christmas time with either red wine or with Festive Christmas Wine with Fruit Ice Cubes. A perfect combination for the holidays! Whether you do a big dinner at the holiday meal or a table full of appetizers as your Christmas feast, these mushrooms are a delicious addition to the menu. They can be an appetizer before the big meal, a side dish, or a snack to offer guests during holiday happy hour time.
My other favorite holiday to enjoy these at is New Year’s Eve, where we typically do a giant spread of appetizers.
I hope you love this recipe! Eat well and enjoy life!
Copyright © 2018 Julie Hoag writer. All Rights Reserved.
Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms with Three Cheeses and Jalapenos
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Tablespoons cheddar cheese, mild shredded
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Bread Crumbs, Italian Style
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno fresh, finely chopped, heaping
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces crimini mushrooms Baby Bella, fresh, with stems removed
- Combine the following in a bowl and stir well to make the filling: 4 oz. softened cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, 2 Tbsp. shredded mild cheddar cheese, 1 Tbsp. pine nuts (crushed), 1 tsp. minced garlic, 2 Tbsp. bread crumbs Italian style, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh jalapeno, 2 tsp. olive oil.
- Wash 16 oz. fresh crimini (Baby Bella) mushrooms and remove stem by twisting them off, scoop out any remaining stems. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill mushrooms with filling and place them on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. It's best of the mushrooms don't touch each other.
- Cook mushrooms at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Optional: Broil for 3-4 minutes until the tops are golden. Ensure they don't burn on th bottom. Serve immediately.
these look so yummy and pretty simple really!
Julie Hoag says
Yes, they are so yummy! And really simple and quick to make:) Thanks!
These look great. I haven’t had stuffed mushrooms in forever!
Julie Hoag says
This recipe is really tasty, we love them! Hope you do too, thanks!
Becca Wilson says
I love stuffed mushrooms and so these look so delicious. I am definitely going to be giving these a try!
Julie Hoag says
Thanks! Hope you like them!
These look delicious!
Julie Hoag says
Thanks! I hope you like thme!