This is the best recipe! Check out this Air Fryer Recipe for Mashed Potato Rolls. Ya! It’s so delicious, I could literally eat the whole thing myself. This is the perfect plan to use up leftover mashed potatoes in an epic and delicious way. I mean, mashed potatoes leftover are already awesome, but they are just rockin’ in this recipe. You will love this! I used an X-large air fryer to make these rolls. This recipe is super easy to make and you can whip it up in mere minutes. It’s a comfort food recipe that is so yummy, I just love it!
This website uses affiliate links. If you purchase through links, I will receive an advertising fee at no added cost to you. Please see the disclaimer link in the menu. Thanks:)
You can easily make some rolls with bacon and some meatless to please everyone:) That is what I do when I make these amazing morsels.
Wouldn’t you love to pop that in your mouth right now? Can you say yummy? I can! YUMMY! And it’s this…
If you have leftover mashed potatoes from dinner or from a holiday like Easter or Thanksgiving, save some of the mashed potatoes and make these rolls. You won’t regret it. They are just to die for! You can be healthier and add less oil, or be naughtier–go on, you can splurge–and add the full amount of oil listed in this recipe. However, both ways are quite yummy but with using an air fryer, less oil is needed for it to be delicious. You get to pick;)
p.s. I love the naughty version of this recipe…absolute heaven in a finger food!
Hello, yum-nums!! Wowza!
When to Serve This Air Fryer Recipe for Mashed Potato Rolls
This recipe is perfect for an appetizer prior to a dinner or as part of an appetizers-for-dinner meal. It is also great as a side dish or a meal all by itself. It also lends itself very well as a snack or as part of a lunch. I recommend serving it immediately after it has been made for the best results and maximum crispiness.
Great as a party food item when offering a spread of apps. You could even add this to your New Year’s Eve appetizer spread when entertaining.
Serve this when feeding people who are looking for meatless apps and for those looking for meat:
Sometimes, you can please (almost) everyone!
Make these for a party when you are looking to provide both a vegetarian option and a meat-containing one for party-goers. Preparing food for a split table group or family is very easy with this recipe. This is what I call a Hybrid Recipe for a Split Table where the recipe works well to feed both vegetarians and meat-lovers from one recipe/one dish. It’s a simple addition of meat to one roll and an omission of it to the other roll, but the best part is, the bacon is visible so it’s obvious which ones contain meat. As a vegetarian, I appreciate when I can tell just by looking which rolls have meat and which are vegetarian.
I cook this way quite frequently because my own family is a split table home. I have other ideas for this in my Hybrid Recipe cookbook if you are interested in this type of cooking. I have multiple hybrid recipes on this blog as well, scroll down to find a list of a few of them:)
Ingredients Needed to Make the Air Fryer Recipe for Mashed Potato Rolls
This recipe is pretty simple, yet the taste is a deliciously giant one! The recipe is also kid-friendly, my boys approve! The following ingredients are needed:
- 2 flour tortillas (any size works, but the amounts I have listed here work for the taco size tortillas, if you are using larger ones, simply increase the ingredients)
- 1/3 c. mashed potatoes (I will include a mashed potato recipe too if you are making homemade, just scroll down to see it)
- 1/4 c. mild cheddar cheese crumbles (I crumble cheddar cheese slices, or you could also use shredded)
- 1 Tbsp. scallions
- 1/4 tsp. Seasoned salt (I love to use Lawry’s® seasoned salt)
- 2 Tbsp. bacon pieces (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
And that’s it!
Please scroll down to easily print this recipe. Look for the little printer icon:)
This recipe can easily be doubled, but two rounds of cooking would be needed to accommodate that number because only about two tortillas worth of rolls will fit into an XL air fryer tray.
Lay a flour tortilla on a flat surface. Spread the mashed potatoes all across the tortilla ensuring that it is spread all the way to the edge all around the whole tortilla.
However, as the other ingredients are added, avoid the edge of the tortilla so the roll will stay sealed (the mashed potatoes are the glue).
Add 1/4 c. mild cheddar cheese crumbles (or shredded cheese) evenly across the tortilla, but avoiding the edge all the way around.
Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. scallions across the tortilla, avoiding the edge.
Sprinkle 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt across the tortilla, again, avoiding the edge.
For meat rolls: add 2 Tbsp. bacon pieces evenly across the tortilla, but avoiding the edges of the tortilla.
Roll tortilla tightly. Squeeze all along the tortilla.
Cut roll into one-inch sections with a sharp knife.
Pour about 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil into a small bowl. Brush all sides of the rolls with olive oil.
Please rolls in a ceramic dish that will fit inside the air fryer. (if desired, spray dish with cooking spray).
Cook in the air fryer at 360° for about 12 minutes, until crispy and golden.
Best when eaten fresh. Enjoy!
Leftovers can be warmed in the microwave, but they often lose their crispiness, but still are very tasty!
Oh, this is SO good! You’ve got to try it out…it’s to die for. Comfort food to the absolute ever-lovin’ max! HOT food!
Mashed Potato Recipe
To make mashed potatoes:
Peel and boil 4-5 potatoes until they are soft. Mash them then add them to a mixing bowl. Add 1 cup half and half creamer (add more if potatoes are too thick), 6 Tbsp. melted butter and salt to taste. Blend until smooth with an electric mixer.
Please note: However, this recipe is not included in the printable recipe below, so add these ingredients if you need to actually make mashed potatoes for this recipe (meaning if you aren’t using leftover mashed potatoes).
My fave mixer:
Using an Air Fryer
I adore using my air fryer. I have an X-large sized one which is the perfect for a family of five like mine. Foods can be made in a healthier way with it, like fries with minimal oil.
This recipe in this post can be made healthier by reducing the amount of olive oil used, plus using a low-sodium seasoning instead, such as one from Smile Blends, a vegan seasoning company.
Check out this yummy air fryer recipe: Quick Cheesy Mexican Air Fryer Egg Recipe
and this one… Cinnamon Delicata Squash Recipe Made in an Air Fryer
More Hybrid Recipes:
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Eat well and enjoy life:)
Copyright ©2019 Julie Hoag writer. All Rights Reserved.
Air Fryer Recipe Mashed Potato Rolls
- 2 flour tortillas taco size
- 1/3 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese crumbles crumbled cheddar cheese slices or shredded
- 1 Tablespoon scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons bacon pieces optional
- Lay a flour tortilla on a flat surface. Spread the mashed potatoes all across the tortilla ensuring that it is spread all the way to the edge all around the whole tortilla.
- However, as the other ingredients are added, avoid the edge of the tortilla so the roll will stay sealed (the mashed potatoes are the glue). Add 1/4 c. mild cheddar cheese crumbles (or shredded cheese) evenly across the tortilla, but avoiding the edge all the way around.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. scallions across the tortilla, avoiding the edge.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt across the tortilla, again, avoiding the edge.
- For meat rolls: add 2 Tbsp. bacon pieces evenly across the tortilla, but avoiding the edges of the tortilla.
- Roll tortilla tightly. Squeeze all along the tortilla. Cut roll into one-inch sections with a sharp knife.
- Pour about 1/2 Tbsp. (or less) olive oil into a small bowl. Brush all sides of the rolls with olive oil.
- Please rolls in a ceramic dish that will fit inside the air fryer. (if desired, spray dish with cooking spray). Cook in the air fryer at 360° for about 12 minutes, until crispy and golden.
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer