Do you ever wish you could just say it with a sign? Well, you can. You can say whatever you want. That’s the beauty of going with Smart Sign for custom metal signs. I loved working with this company because I was able to create my own design which they added to an aluminum sign. I love the quality and look of my sign.
This website uses affiliate links. Please see disclaimer page link in the menu. This is a sponsored post. Opinions are 100% my own.
Whether you want a sign for your home office, kids room, backyard pool, or as a room decoration, you can get what you want with SmartSign. Be it a practical sign giving information, such as “Dogs here, keep out” or something fun and silly, the beautiful thing is you get to pick.
Designing Your Sign
I made my sign image using Canva, which is a website that allows a person to make graphics for free with free images and text. The image needs to fit certain criteria such as being a PDF file (check the SmartSign website for other possible formats). I simply saved the image I created on Canva as a pdf file. Then I uploaded the image on the order screen on SmartSign’s website.
How to do it: It was easy. I created an image, then downloaded the image to my computer from Canva, then uploaded it to SmartSign.
I chose a fun and silly theme for a sign near our backyard pool. This is the image I created on Canva shown below (also use Canva for fun pool party invites).
I choose the social media sized template. Then I made the pool by taking a free wave image and having part of it hang off the edge so that only a part would appear. I often will do that if I can’t find an image I want on Canva for free. I did pay for the zombies image, however, but that was only one dollar. The “at the pool” was a free image. Then I determined my own wording and chose a font and color for it.
Pool Party Sign
We love having a backyard pool, but, it really is a lot of work. So, we really try to enjoy it.
The message on this sign is funny because we often have spontaneous pool parties erupt with neighbors and friends. Everyone loves to swim, so people flock to the pool. Crazy unplanned parties break out at times in our backyard, so the message on this sign is both accurate and funny.
We host many pool parties for family and friends over the summer, so I wanted a fun sign to decorate our fence with.
Hang it in your yard, it’s weather-resistant too which makes it perfect for the backyard.
Custom Metal Signs: The Details
The quality of the sign is outstanding. I’m very impressed with the look of the sign and the image quality. When I opened the package, I was pleasantly surprised by how perfect my image translated to reality on the sign. I wasn’t sure if what I had created on Canva would come through nicely, but it turned out beautifully.
The sign is of good quality, and it’s made from aluminum. It is rust-proof and has an outdoor life of seven-plus years. It is water and chemical resistant and heat safe to 168°.
The sign comes with four pre-punched holes for easy hanging using screws or nails. My husband hung our sign on our fence in mere minutes.
Check out SmartSign for all the different types, shapes, sizes, and colors of signs they offer.
To learn more about SmartSign, check out their website here.
Also on Twitter @SmartSign
The sky is the limit for what you could put on your sign. Here are some ideas I’ve thought of:
- Pool signs: Walk don’t run, No diving, No food in the pool, Swim Safe, Play Hard & Swim Safe, No Lifeguard on Duty
- Backyard signs: Beware of dog, Only two kids on the trampoline at once, Jump safe (on a trampoline), Zipline Launching Pad
- Home office signs: your name and occupation, your business name, your motto or brand, your favorite quote with relation to work, motivational work quote, business hours
- Bedroom signs: kids’ room with their name or something funny about their room, or “Brian lives here”
- Kitchen signs: Coffee Shop, Kiss the cook, Only homemade food touches this table
- Garage signs: Man Cave, Mom Cave, Kid Cave, Bike Parking, Take a Tool-Return a tool. Play Nice, Mom’s Parking Spot, Dad’s Parking Spot, NO Playing in the Boat, Don’t Touch My Fishing Poles, Yeah, I’m talking to you
- Baby’s room with name and birth stats
- Instructional: Clean Your Room Everyday or Suffer Mom’s wrath, Put the Toilet Lid Down, Wash Your Hands, Homework First then Play, Shoes GO HERE (with an arrow pointing to a shoe wrack or pad)
- Funny: If I’m not here, I’m shopping, Wine o’clock is all day in this house, Touch the Cookies at Your Own Risk, This is Mine Not Yours (insert an image of anything), If it’s not on the Shopping list, I Won’t Buy It. Deal with it., Beware You Have Entered Our Dog’s House, Remove Boots Here or Suffer Mom’s Wrath, So Spitting, Lying, Cheating, Screaming, or Taking Mom’s Chocolate…or Suffer The Ultimate Wrath of MOM, No Work Gets Done Here…we have a pool. Happy Hour.
Create Custom Metal Signs for a Gift
A sign would make a perfect birthday or Christmas gift for adults or kids, and it can be personalized and specific to each individual. I love the idea of making a sign for the grandparents and add in a hobby or compliment. Some ideas I have include fishing topics, cooking, crafting, or sports-related phrases.
The sky is the limit. You can have fun with creating your sign and make it what you want.
I highly recommend SmartSign as a company. I love my sign!
Looking for more gift ideas for friends and family? Check out these ideas:
Check out this fun idea using an old pool cover for a DIY Slip and Slide
Copyright © Julie Hoag writer. All Rights Reserved.
Thank you for visiting my website:) Eat well and enjoy life!
Follow me on Social Media