I love to do things the natural way with as few chemicals as possible. That’s why I’m so happy I switched to aluminum free deodorant. Switching to a natural option for women is really the best idea, I’m so very happy with it and it really works. Plus, it’s so much healthier for me as a woman. Keep reading to find out why it’s a healthier way to go about self-care.
This uses affiliate links. Please see the disclaimer page link in the menus for more information. I received free products for my honest review.
To enter to win a free year of natural aluminum free deodorant from WildRoot, click this link to enter for a chance to win. The giveaway goes from January 17th-24th, 2020.
I like to use organic fruits and vegetables, eggs and dairy products when I can. I’m a person who relishes using chemical-free, non-toxic products like essential oils and products that are healthier for myself and my family. I’d heard many things about the dangers and potential risks of using deodorant with aluminum, and these things concerned me, so I decided to make the switch.
**The WildRoot deodorant uses only natural ingredients, no aluminum, no parabens, and no chemical fragrances.**
What are the dangers of using deodorant with aluminum? Is using deodorant with aluminum really a big deal?
Well, you may wonder why. I did. I researched it, including reading the information on WildRoot’s website and I learned that I’d much rather be using an aluminum free all-natural deodorant.
- Aluminum works by clogging the sweat glands of your skin, thereby trapping toxins in your body so they build up. Um…ew…& no thank you. Sweating is one way that the body releases toxins, so by blocking sweat with aluminum-containing deodorants, you are essentially keeping the toxins in your body, trapping them there, rather than expelling them from your body through sweat. Sounds pretty unhealthy to me. Natural deodorant allows these toxins to come out of your body the way they were meant to, through sweat, while keeping you fresh with natural ingredients and essential oils.
- Aluminum may increase your risk of breast cancer and for me, this is a top reason to NOT use it. Thanks. Enough said. I’m not taking any chances with breast cancer, so natural deodorant for me.
- In my opinion, natural is always better. It seems every day new data comes out suggesting that something man-made and full of chemicals causes a new disease. Well, if a natural product works just as good, I’m going natural because I don’t want to find out down the road that whatever I was using ended up causing me to have a disease. I’m just going all natural in as many places in my life as I can to stay as healthy as I can for as long as I can. Seriously a no brainer.
Is it hard to switch to a natural aluminum free deodorant?
No, you just start using it, however, your body will have a detox period as the transition is happening. Meaning, you need to get rid of the toxins in your body that have built up from using aluminum-containing deodorant first, so there is a detox period to go through.
What does that mean exactly? Well, I’ll tell ya.
The traditional aluminum-containing deodorants use aluminum to trap bacteria in your pores, so this nasty stuff must come out. Get it out if your body, it doesn’t belong there!!! When it comes out, during the transition, you may find you sweat and the natural deodorant may not be able to do its job temporarily as your body releases the trapped bacteria and toxins. But, it is worth it, I mean, really, do you want toxins just hanging out in your armpits mucking up your system? I sure don’t.
How long does the detox last?
The detox can last from one day to three weeks, but most often 3-10 days. It was very quick for me, in fact, I didn’t even notice the detox period at all. It was a very smooth transition for me.
I have heard of people using a mask on their armpits to speed this detox process up. I don’t have information on this, but my dental hygienist told me about how it works, so look online to see if you can find information about this to help yourself if you want to speed up the detox process.
More on the transition to a natural deodorant…
New users of aluminum free deodorant often find they sweat more, have more body odor, or sore lymph nodes. This sounds unpleasant, but as I said above, I did not notice a difference when I switched. But, why does this happen? Again, as mentioned above, lots of bacteria and aluminum have been trapped in your body from years of using aluminum-containing deodorants so this gunk must come out of you. If you experience this, one easy fix is to bring wipes along with you and the deodorant so you can easily and swiftly freshen up if you suffer from odor or sweating when away from home.
Don’t worry, the transition is just that, a transition. It won’t last forever and once it’s over, it’s over and done. Thank goodness and whew! You will make it through.
How can you make the transition better? Here are some tips.
- Stay hydrated to help your body flush out those toxins through sweat and urine.
- The sweat is a GOOD thing…because it’s cleaning out your body of aluminum and bacteria and any toxins. Let yourself sweat, baby. Just do it! Slip into a sauna, workout more, just sweat! Help the process along faster by making yourself sweat more. Plus, this is healthy for other reasons too, of course!!!
What if you have strong body odor? Yes, natural deodorant can still work for you. Here’s how:
Natural deodorant with baking soda works well for people with strong body odor. The WildRoot Performance Formula may be for you if you fall into this category. The baking soda helps add an extra layer to kill bacteria. This will help reduce odors. However, some women are more sensitive to baking soda and this formula does not work for them. So, basically, if you find your skin reacting unfavorably to the formula with baking soda, just use the one without.
I personally use the sensitive skin formula, which is baking soda free, as I tend to have sensitive skin.
If you have eczema, you may want to use the sensitive skin formula.
But, does it work? Yes, it does.
I’ve been using WildRoot for a month and it works great. I love the smell of the deodorants and how it makes my skin feel. I have meadow and wildflower scents. It lasts me all day long and I don’t find it fails me ever, even when I work out and sweat. It’s a pleasant deodorant that I fully recommend for women and girls to get natural healthier protection. Set your body right and use a healthy, natural self-care product, your body will thank you for it.
Want to try it out? Sign up for the giveaway at WildRoot Natural Deodorant. This giveaway goes from January 17-24th, 2020. If you’d like to check out their products after the giveaway is done, click here to visit WildRoot’s Website.
More ways to enjoy healthier skin:
Interested in learning more about healthier non-toxic skincare? Read my blog post for ideas for healthy skin at Pure Essential Oils for Clear Skin.
Looking for essential oils? I adore them. I use Simply Earth essential oils and I adore the monthly box subscriptions with fun recipes. To a free box when you sign up for the monthly subscription, use my code at the link listed below.
referral link: Simply Earth Monthly Subscription Boxes.
Plus, here are some fun recipes:
Tips on self-care for busy moms: here.
© 2020 Julie Hoag Writer. All Rights Reserved.
Follow me on Social Media