This is a very easy simple meal to make, but it’s very delicious. It’s a great twist on the traditional Mexican quesadilla. This Easy Pesto Quesadilla will serve one person, or share it if using it as an appetizer or as part of a meal. I love easy little quesadilla recipes, especially when I want something hot and quick.
This website users affiliate links. Please see the disclaimer page for details:)
I love playing around with different quesadilla recipes. For one, they are easily customized to personal taste. For instance, if my husband wants meat on his quesadilla, I simply add it. Then I can easily make one for myself that is meatless. It’s literally perfect for the split table family. It’s quick, tasty, warm, and easily customizable. What’s a split table family? It’s one where some member eat meat and other are vegetarian. I call these recipes hybrid recipes. Learn more here: https://www.juliehoagwriter.com/2018/02/21/how-cook-split-table-vegetarians-meat-eaters/
This is ideal for a WAHM or work at home person because it’s quick and good. It’s also nice for an informal meal for a family. To make multiple, I make them and keep them warm in the oven on a cookie sheet on low heat to keep it from cooking further. Then the whole family could be served at once.
Ingredients Needed to Make this Pesto Quesadilla
The ingredients needed to make this simple recipe include the following common ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 2 flour tortillas (like fajita size)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 cup fresh spinach, loosely packed
- 3 Tbsp. prepared pesto sauce
- optional: add cooked ham or chicken or other meat if desired
Directions to Make this Pesto Quesadilla
This is so easy to make. Simply melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan. Add a tortilla to the melted butter in a pan. Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto sauce across the tortilla using the back of a spoon. Top with cheese, tomato, fresh spinach, and cooked meat if desired. Add the second tortilla over the top. Butter the top tortilla with the remaining butter. Flip over when golden brown and cook the top tortilla. Remove from the pan when golden brown. Top with remaining pesto sauce and cut as desired.
Scroll down to easily print this recipe. Look for the little printer icon.
This recipe is really very yummy. It’s a favorite at my house. I’ve tried it with two different brands of pesto sauce and both turned out delicious. It’s pretty good as a leftover as well if you ever have any left. We usually eat it all so we don’t have leftovers, but on occasion I’ve had one triangle left and it was great the next day.
Looking for more quesadilla ideas?
Quesadillas are so versatile to get creative with in the kitchen. Here are a few other ideas.
- Low Carb Quesadilla meal https://www.juliehoagwriter.com/recipe/low-carb-tortillas-quick-quesadilla-meal-for-one/
- Breakfast quesadilla in 8 minutes https://www.juliehoagwriter.com/recipe/easy-quick-breakfast-quesadilla-recipe-8-minute-cook-time/
Want to make homemade pesto? Try out this recipe for sundried tomato pesto: https://www.juliehoagwriter.com/recipe/sun-dried-tomato-pesto-sauce-for-pasta/
I hope you enjoy this simple yet tasty meal. Eat well and enjoy life! Copyright ©2020 Julie Hoag writer . All Rights Reserved.
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer
Easy Delicious Pesto Quesadilla for One
- 2 flour tortillas fajita size
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato fresh tomato, diced
- 1 cup spinach fresh spinach, about a handful
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Melt 1/2 Tbsp. in a frying pan. Add a tortilla.
- Spread 2 Tbsp. pesto sauce across the tortilla. Add 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese. 1/2 c. fresh diced tomato, 1 c. fresh spinach.
- Top with the 2nd tortilla. Butter it with remaining 1/2 Tbsp. butter. Flip it over when golden on the bottom. Cook until golden.
- Remove quesadilla from the frying pan. Spread the remaining 1 Tbsp. pesto sauce across the top of the tortilla. Cut into fourths and serve immediatiely.
Leave a Reply