I am pleased to share with you a guest post for a Mango Mousse Recipe by SumoChef!
This website contains affiliate links. Please see my disclaimer in the top bar menu for more details. Thank you!
Have you ever tried a mousse? When people think about mango mousse, they immediately expect it to be tough to make or too fancy to eat! But I came up with a recipe that only takes less than an hour to make and has that elegant style and flavor that will have your guests wanting more.
Do you want to make something new for dessert? Then read on as I show you my quick and easy mango mousse recipe anyone can do!
The Easiest Mango Mousse Recipe You’ll Love
I am in LOVE with this recipe, as it’s one of my easiest and go-to desserts and snacks. It takes so little time to make, and it doesn’t require many ingredients. But don’t be fooled, as it tastes awesome. It has the creamy consistency that reminds me of cheesecake, but much tarter. The sweet tartness from both cream and mango are what keeps me making more of these! They are perfect for parties or individual desserts for dinner if you don’t want to share!
This recipe makes nine mango mousse cakes, four inches in diameter.
How Long Will It Take To Make?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Freeze Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Base:
- 1 c. of crushed graham crackers
- Half a stick of melted butter
Steps to Follow:
- Mix both of the ingredients in a food processor. Place them on nine four-inch plastic rings on baking sheets to shape it. Press the mold down firmly and remove each ring from it.
- Put it in the fridge and set aside.
Ingredients for Mousse:
- 1 1/3 c. of mango puree
- 1 1/2 c. of fresh cream
- 2 Tbsp. of gelatin
- 6 Tbsp. of boiling water
Steps to Follow:
- Dissolve the gelatin in boiling water over low heat, stirring everything well until it’s mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the fresh cream on high speed until the mixture is stiff.
- Now add the mango puree to the mixed cream, stirring until everything is well-mixed.
- Pour the gelatin and mix all the ingredients. Set aside and get ready to prepare the toppings.
Ingredients for the Toppings:
- 1 c. of mango puree
- 1 Tbsp. of gelatin
- 6 Tbsp. of boiling water
- Mango cubes
- Dissolve the gelatin in boiling water over low heat, stirring everything until it’s mixed. Let it cool.
- Add the mango puree and mix it all together until it’s mixed well.
Steps for Assembly:
- Get the graham bases out of the fridge, then wrap it with parchment paper (four-inch diameter). Secure the paper with tape.
- Pour the mango mousse first, piping it on the base until it reaches almost to the top of the parchment paper.
- Place the mousse cake in the freezer for about half an hour or until it’s set.
- Pour a thin layer of the toppings on top of the mango mousse. Remove the parchment paper after.
- Top the mousse with a few mango cubes (7-15 from 2-3 mangoes peeled and cubed). You can either serve immediately or place it in the fridge until it’s ready to serve. Enjoy!
Here are some more quick tips to follow for a better mango mousse:
- Do not let it sit in the freezer for too long. As much as possible, leave it for half an hour at most then store it in the fridge if you choose to serve it later.
- I like adding a bit of chocolate into my mousse. Chocolate shaving is my favorite!
- You can tweak the recipe to adjust the cake’s size or quantity. I also make it into a whole nine-inch cake if I’m serving a lot!
And there you have it! A delicious dessert that’s quick and effortless to make. This mango mousse recipe has got the zesty and delectable creaminess to it that has me encouraging everyone to try it. Appetizing and with the elegant look, they go perfect with almost ANY meal, may it be spiced with tarragon or a simple snack like chicken shake!
I hope that this article on the quickest mango mousse recipe helped you out! So don’t wait any longer and try it yourself today.
If you have any questions or would like to share your tips and experiences with making mango mousse, then share your comments below. I would love to hear what you have to think!
Claire is the founder of SumoChef, and her passion is cooking. Her unique approach to cooking is the result of her varied experience and travel abroad. She believes that food is what actually unites people and the dining table is where we set aside our differences. SumoChef is where she finds expression to her passion and she hopes to be able to contribute to your cooking experience through this. Be sure to follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
The ingredients & preparation instructions above are repeated below to allow for easy printing of this recipe.
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe! I love an easy to make elegant dessert!