I’m in love with all things related to fall and pumpkin spice. So, I decided to develop a DIY Pumpkin Spice Sugar Coffee Scrub for Exfoliating Skin using essential oils. This skin scrub is so easy to make and it’s really fun to use. I love how my skin feels after I use it, plus, I totally love the way it leaves my skin smelling like pumpkin spice coffee. Yum! It’s a great luxury to gift yourself with this fall, or make it for a friend or loved one as a Christmas/Holiday gift.
This website uses affiliate links. Please see the disclaimer page in the menus. Thank you:)
I love the luxurious feeling my skin has after I use this scrub. I either use it on my hands and arms at the sink, scrub, then rinse it off, or use it in the shower to scrub all over my body, then rinse it off. However, I have not used it on my face yet, I’m a bit particular about my face as I have oily skin and breakouts can happen for me. I’ve been using non-toxic skincare products using essential oils for a couple of months and I have really loved the results. I SO love it! To read more about this, click here to Learn about Pure Essential Oils for Clear Skin.
I was always afraid of adding oil to my oily skin, but I’ve found my skin is the healthiest its ever been while using essential oils. I adore using essential oils. Coconut oil won’t clog your skin. I’m hooked. Full line and sinker. So, I decided to create my own skin scrub recipe using essential oils for fun. Be sure to check your skin for reactions when first using this scrub and discontinue if you find it gives you negative side effects. My skin has tolerated this scrub very well.
To easily print this DIY scrub recipe, scroll down to find the printer icon.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Scrub for Skin
This scrub is very exfoliating, so be sure to moderate how often you use it based on your own skin’s needs. I adore this yummy smelling scrub because it leaves my skin feeling and smelling amazing. Fall means pumpkin everything in my world, and I adore coffee every day, so combining them together in scrub was quite decadent for me. I’m super happy with this recipe:)
Here are the ingredients for the scrub:
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree (I use it from a can)
- 1/4 c. coconut oil, melted with a double boiler (if you don’t have one, keep reading as I have a trick)
- 8 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops clove essential oil
- 1/4 c. ground coffee (I use Guatemalan or other yummy smelling coffee)
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon and sugar mixture
- 1 Tbsp. almond oil
Directions for How to Make the Scrub:
- Melt the coconut oil in a double boiler. If you do not have one, simply use a pot and its lid. Put about 1-2 inches of water in the pot and heat it. Invert the pot lid and add the coconut oil to it and leave it there until the boiling water beneath the lid melts the coconut oil to a liquid. Remove from heat. Let the oil cool.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, coffee grounds, brown sugar, and cinnamon-sugar (either purchased or homemade mixture) in a bowl and stir well.
- Combine all essential oils and almond oil to the coconut oil and stir.
- Stir both mixtures together.
- Blend the entire mixture in a small food processor for 45 seconds to a minute.
- Scoop scrub into a container than can be sealed and store it in the fridge. Pull it out whenever you’d like to use it.
- Scrub it on your skin and rinse it off.
I store this scrub in the fridge to help it last longer since it contains food, especially the pumpkin puree, that could rot if left at room temperature. I don’t want mold to grow in my scrub, so I just store it in the fridge to help it last as long as it can.
Use this scrub at the sink, in the shower, or in the bathtub for a delicious pumpkin spice coffee smell and pampered feel to your skin.
Taking moments, even tiny ones, for self-care is of utmost importance. As a busy mom, I find even small microscopic moments of doing something I want to do, or doing something that pampers me, is huge for the health of my heart. Something, like grabbing this scrub and lathering up my arms, then rinsing them off in the kitchen sink takes a minute or two, is so refreshing it pleases my spirit. It regenerates my well-being. The luxurious feeling it gives my skin is scrumptious and luscious, and the smell it leaves on my skin, well, that’s just divine.
We all lead busy lives, and moms, we often are the busiest. Just sayin’ 😉 So, do yourself a favor and make this scrub and store it in your fridge for when you need a quick pick me this fall and winter. Or make it as a homemade Christmas gift for someone in your life this holiday season. This would be fun for tweens and teens to make at a sleepover as well (girls, of course, boys hate this stuff LOL).
Looking for more snippets and tips about self-care? Check out this post: 12 tricks and tips for Busy Moms in desperate need of self-care.
Another way to enjoy self-care is to enjoy a pumpkin spice coffee drink. To learn how to make an easy, and yummy one, click through to Guatemalan Coffee Pumpkin Spice Recipe.
To learn more about non-toxic skincare using essential oils, even for oily skin like mine, click the image below.
To learn more, click the link below:
I hope you enjoy making and using this recipe. Eat well and enjoy life:)
Follow me on Social Media