Tangy Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad
Looking for a delicious salad full of flavor? This recipe is one of my favorite salad recipes I've created. This Tangy Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad is full of robust tangy flavor and lots of healthy cucumbers. It works great for a side dish for a meal at home or for parties and groups. The dressing for this salad is a recipe I initially developed for a lettuce salad, and then one day I used it for a cucumber salad and absolutely loved it! This side dish vegetable salad is delicious and pairs well with sandwiches or any entree. Perfect any time of the year, but extra good for holidays such as Easter or end of summer when all the fresh cucumbers are ripe.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic minced, divided into 1 tsp. for dressing, 2 tsp. for when building salad
- 5 Tablespoons half and half creamer
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed juice from one small lime or 3/4 a larger lime, squeeze wedges and measure it out
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, cayenne
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cilantro, fresh leaves fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, about 1 mounded Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon skim milk
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 10 cucumbers peeled and sliced, cut slices into halves or quarters
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
Prepare dressing by adding 1/4 c. olive oil, 1 tsp. minced garlic, 5 Tbsp. half and half creamer, 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice, 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper, 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves (about 1 mounded Tbsp.), 1/2 c. olive oil mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp. skim milk, and 3 tsp. sugar to a bowl. Blend with a hand blender for about a minute. This makes about 1 2/3 c. dressing.
Peel and slice all 10 cucumbers and cut slices in half or in quarters depending on size of cucumbers. Place in a large bowl.
Chop up the onion for 1/2 c. diced onion and add it to the cucumbers.
Add 2 tsp. minced garlic to the cut cucumbers and onion. Stir veggies.
Pour dressing all of the dressing over the cucumber/onion/garlic mixture. Stir well to coat. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.