Easy Four Ingredient Mexican Hummus Dip
This easy fast dip recipe is delicious with lime tortilla chips and small sweet bite sized tomatoes. It could be used as appetizer prior to a Mexican dish or at a party to go along with other appetizers.
- 1/2 cup sour cream I use @Daisy brand sour cream
- 1/2 cup medium salsa I use @Chi Chi's brand salsa
- 10 ounces plain hummus or 1 1/4 cups. I used Plain Classic Hummus.
- 1 Tablespoon Spice Islands Taco Seasoning @Spice Islands Taco Seasoning
- 1 bag Lime Tortilla chips To scoop up the dip with
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes To scoop up the dip with. I love the red, yellow, and orange tomato combination.
Combine the sour cream, salsa, hummus, and taco seasoning in a bowl. Stir well.
Arrange dip in a bowl and chips and tomatoes on a platter to serve. Keep this dip cool due to the sour cream.
Time to Enjoy!
Adding this dip as a pre-meal appetizer is easy to do with just four ingredients that are simply stirred together. The texture is perfect for scooping dip onto tortilla chips or bite size tomatoes or other vegetables.
Variations on this dip include adding diced avocado or tomatoes in the dip itself and making it dairy free by using non-dairy sour cream, non-dairy taco seasoning, and non-dairy tortilla chips. Pair it with a lime margarita for a tasty appetizer treat. That sounds like a positively lovely way to start a weekend evening.
Keep this creamy dip cool by placing it in a cool place until ready to serve.