This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclaimer for details.
Cheddar Hash Brown Potato Jalapeño Bites Appetizer
This recipe is absolutely the best! It is so easy to make and so good. You will want to make this one over and over again. It requires only five ingredients, a mini muffin pan, and cooking spray. If you love spicy food like I do, you will love this recipe. Cheddar Hash Brown Potato Jalapeño Bites Appetizer will be a perfect appetizer for your football party, Superbowl party, or any group party. Spicy, cheesy, potatoes are just delicious. There is so much flavor and spice packed taste in these little potato cups, everyone will gobble these up. Perfect for breakfast or brunch as well.
The Best Party Appetizer Food
Try out this appetizer for a delicious snack or for any party. This five ingredient recipe is the best party appetizer food. I’m serious, it’s so good! The ingredients cook together into a perfect little potato cup that can be picked up with fingers and easily popped into your mouth. The guests will devour them so fast because they are so amazingly good. These are the perfect Superbowl party appetizer. My husband has already requested them for our Superbowl appetizer spread. My boys and husband look forward to apps with the Superbowl every year. I can’t wait to cook for it!
Try out these other yummy party appetizers:)
The Five Ingredients
This appetizer uses only five ingredients, a mini muffin pan, and cooking spray. I use a twenty-four mini muffin pan to make this appetizer (see the exact pan below that I use). I simply cook two rounds of them to get the full forty-eight bites cooked. Store remainder in the fridge until ready to cook the second batch. Here are the simple ingredients:
- frozen hash browns
- two cans of diced jalapeños
- shredded mild cheddar cheese
I have this mini muffin pan and I love it! I use it for this recipe, for cupcakes, and brownie bites:)
For a football party, arrange them on a football platter for extra fun. Toothpicks aren’t needed as they little potato bites stay together in a nice neat package. This recipe makes forty-eight bites so grab a large platter or simply set out half and replenish as people devour them.
Leftovers are Awesome
Some recipes don’t lend themselves well to being a good leftover. But that is not the case with the Cheddar Hash Brown Potato Jalapeño Bites Appetizer. If you have any left after the party, they are absolutely delicious leftover as well. They even taste good cold leftover right from the fridge (I had to try it, and it was so good even cold). Heat in the microwave and enjoy.
This is an original recipe by Julie Hoag. I hope you enjoy it!
Have a split table at your house?
Here’s what I mean. Do you need to feed both vegetarians and meat-eaters? So you sometimes have members of your family who want meatless while others want meat? See below for info on easy split table recipes in my One Dish Two Diets Cookbook:) Hybrid Recipes for Vegetarians and Meat-Eaters in the same recipe + Lacto-Ovo vegetarian recipes and side dishes you’ll love!
Try another popular appetizer of mine you will LOVE:)
Photographs by Julie Hoag. Copyright ©2017 Julie Hoag. All Rights Reserved.
Cheddar Hash Brown Potato Jalapeno Bites
- 30 ounces hash brown potatoes, frozen Let hash browns thaw on the counter or in the fridge so they are moldable. I use Ore Ida brand.
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces jalapenos Diced. I use 2 four ounce cans Ortega brand. Don't drain.
- 2/3 cup onion Finely chopped. I used a food processor to grate into small pieces.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine 30 ounces (one bag) thawed hash brown potatoes, 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, 8 ounces diced jalapenos (2 four oz cans undrained), 2/3 cup finely chopped onion, and 1 teaspoon salt (sprinkle around potatoes) in a large bowl. Stir well with a large spoon.
- Spray a 24 count mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Use a tablespoon to spoon about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the potato mixture into each mini muffin cup. Fill it to the top and squish it down with the spoon. Add more to the top and squish down again until the potato mixture is about level with top of cup.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes until edges are browned. Scoop bites out with a spoon and place on a platter. Fill muffin cups again and cook remaining 24 bites.
So Yummy, So Easy!Cheddar Hash Brown Potato Jalapeño Bites Appetizer is so yummy! This recipe is so easy and uses common ingredients. The recipe is so simple and so good that it is one of my favorites to make and eat. If you love spicy, cheese, and the crisp of potatoes, you will love this appetizer.
Variations on the RecipeIf you want less spice, just use one can of jalapenos instead of two. Mea- eaters could add crumbled bacon or small ham chunks. Try different cheeses for a different taste such as monteray jack cheese or sharp cheddar. Add green chilis for a different flavor. Add pepperoni in between two spoonfuls of hash brown mixture or add mini pepperonis for meat lovers.
Consent to join Julie Hoag Writer